• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Richland A10-6800K OCed to 8Ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That is the top apu. It is only a quad. They have the am3+ socket 8 core cpu's that are their top models. they recently announced the 8 core that has turbo up to 5ghz.

That is the top apu. It is only a quad. They have the am3+ socket 8 core cpu's that are their top models. they recently announced the 8 core that has turbo up to 5ghz.

Yes, I know. That was a rhetorical question. :p

Currently waiting for Steamroller... if it ever makes it to market. :rolleyes:

This is impressive and I know its goal is to set a record... but I'm still curious. Is this kind of OC usable? What kind of benchmark do you think he will get and how long can the components last running at this kind of frequency?

No, it's not near "usable" as you say. It is with liquid nitrogen cooling and I'm pretty sure he didn't even run benchmarks at this speed.

Nope, that would be with as many cores turned off as possible, under LN2 (maybe even liquid helium), and he would be pushing it just to get the computer to boot.

That being said, it takes a heck of a chip, and a well designed chip to even be able to do that.

Just read the article, it was LN2, and all four cores were active.

Considerably more impressed now.

Back