• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rosetta Status

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
what socket is your i7 rig? im getting a X5660 soon and i have seen around it works in my old RIIG board i still have. gonna update the bios and see if 3.6ghz is possible on the HSF i got here, 6core+ht. might have it running rosie in the next week or two.

1156, i7-870. It's on a mini-itx board with a 140mm downdraft hsf. Be aware, 4gb ram wasn't enough to keep all the cores fed. (waiting to run.) 2nd 4 gb stick fixed that.

Good to see you popping in.:thup:

im hoping 12gb will be enough to keep things going.

yea its been a while since i have been here!

1156, i7-870. It's on a mini-itx board with a 140mm downdraft hsf. Be aware, 4gb ram wasn't enough to keep all the cores fed. (waiting to run.) 2nd 4 gb stick fixed that.

Good to see you popping in.:thup:

I assume that's the Giga board? I found that even with that i5-760, things ran better with 8GB.
When I switched over to this i7-4770k I figured that 1GB per thread would be fine, so I kept the same 8GB set and it worked alright, but I find everything runs smoother after switching to a 16GB set.
I run Rosie only on my primary machine and have it set to compute while in use, and I pause it while I'm gaming and sometimes when post processing photos, but that's about it. Other than that, it doesn't really matter what I'm doing on this machine, it just keeps right on crunching without interruption.

im hoping 12gb will be enough to keep things going.

yea its been a while since i have been here!

Howdy Evil! Wow, talk about a blast from the past!!!

Yes, that's the Giga board. (cute little thing. lol) Mismatched ram sticks, but it seems happy. Currently 1 gb per thread Rosie is happy.
My 4p (64 threads) shows ram usage bouncing between 30 and 40 gb.

64 threads, on a 4p, how?

thanks bad, figured since the RIIG has been sitting and i never used the W3550 i bought a while back. that the hex core i got a deal on, i could put it to work and not go to waste.

wow i have been out of touch with amd cpus, didnt know they had that large core cpu now. were you seeing P4 willis?!?! :p

The thing is a monster. 22k RAC on it's own. Though everything on it is huge. Proc are the size of old Pentium Pro chips, board is about 4" longer than EATX, 16-4gb ram sticks, throws enough heat to act like an electric heater, and $$.

Hindsight, I could have built a few i7 rigs with what I have into it.

The folding forum has an extensive thread on 4p builds from when SMP was the hot ticket.

thanks bad, figured since the RIIG has been sitting and i never used the W3550 i bought a while back. that the hex core i got a deal on, i could put it to work and not go to waste.

Nice! Glad to have you back, and we sure appreciate the help!

Currently running PRIME on another AMD rig. Slated to replace the 9850be rig.

Must be a year of firsts for me, and to show how old my stuff really is. First i series machine went online a little bit ago, now first UEFI bios...

edit.. Hmm, I post that I'm running Prime on a machine and PolRoger gets 60k yesterday...
Co-incidence? Hmmm :D :thup:

Last edited:
Well, no posts in 5 days...
9850be has been replaced and retired.
Q9550 is down due to ANOTHER hard drive failure (current drive lasted 2 weeks). Going to stay down, may be replaced with Phenom II combo this weekend.

May be an option, though I do have more spare drives. Maybe quit purchasing used hard disks...
That rig (other than antique laptops) was my only Windows box.

I'm running Ubuntu on most Rosetta boxes. I can get Rosie to run and that is about all I know about the OS. I've spent a lot of quality time with Google getting some of them running.

Well, no posts in 5 days...
I don't have a heck of a lot to say these days I'm afraid. Just crunching away, and far too busy with work and life to get events going and such. Getting married does that I guess.
That being said, if anyone did want to get something going, and contact our admins and mods to see if we can get some prizes donated and forum announcements posted, I'd be happy to provide help on event framework and announcement templates and resources and such.

Yes sir, getting married will do that. BTW congratulations.
As far as no posts in 5 days, maybe I should have posted "I haven't posted in 5 days..."lol
I have no life, so I tend to "spam" this forum.
WTH is everybody hanging around at 4am for? (must be getting ready for work)

see if we can get some reviewed products as prizes might work... maybe some of the recent usb drives or some other items that are not to high priced.

FTR, im going to bed, LOL. been playing a free poker game through steam...

LOL, free poker game. I remember the days when it required people, cards, and adult beverages...

Been working on a 3930k rig (also 6 core, 12 thread) Just got it into Windows. 3 different ram kits and I kept getting "67" post code, thus no go. FINALLY determined that 1 ram slot was causing it. But of course, after pulling the cpu looking for bent pins, swapping vid cards, changing the 8 pin power connectors on the board (adapters instead of psu 8 pin connectors). At least I've eliminated most everything else.

This is in the case my 9550 was in, replacing the Phenom II i put in there a couple weeks ago.

Looking over at the rig (10' away) I think all I purchased new is the case, radiator, and water block. Rad fans were recently replaced and WB recently purchased...Doesn't make me cheap, just shows that I am.:D

Well, here's whats going on with me.

4790 rig I'm working on is still testing. Man, when I heard they run HOT reports weren't wrong. Got Rosie loaded @4.7, temps are banging 100c and throttling. Going to back it down and see if I can control temps. Doesn't look like this rig will be online today.

FWIW, this is under water, cpu only loop. MCR320 rad, D5 vario, EKWB Supremacy EVO block.
"MAYBE" in time I'll grow a set and de-lid the chip...

Other than that, everything is running well. Happy Easter everyone!

Back