• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RTX 4060

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Haider

Wondering why this isn't one of the launch cards? As this is probably the volume seller of the litter. If you look on Steam Survey the xx60 sell the other series cards approximately 5:1. Nobody cares about the xx70, xx80, xx90, tit card; they sell like AMD cards. 1060 kills them at GTX 1060 7.39%, RTX 3070 2.67% the rest are massively smaller user base....

They tend to come out later, those budget cards. Quite normal.

Although these sell, you need an anchor first. A flagship and everything else cascades off it. Nobody knows how the new generation performs without getting out the flagship to measure with. They also have time to build stock for the higher selling cards. Release flagship, build hype. Cut out smaller dies, build stock. I'd imagine profit margins may be higher on the high-end cards as well.

Different market timings. When a new generation comes out, those most likely to buy it are those aiming at the high end since this is where you usually go beyond what previous gen can take you. It isn't highest volume, but it isn't zero volume either.

The lower midrange cards like 60 tier is not for someone who cares about performance first, but is more of a value balance. Older generation can hold that for longer.

I don't know if it is still the case, but for a while the RTX 3090 outsold ALL AMD RDNA2 as far as can be told on Steam Hardware Survey.

well 4060 does not seem to be worth looking at if the "specs" are spot on, they may change. i say that because there are new 3060 Ti's with GDDR6x for more memory BW. should add a nice bump to them, maybe match a 3070 in some ways or over take i guess.

Back