• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

running Tualatin on CuMine MB w/o Powerleap

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm starting to get confused.

The only thing I'm sure of is that I need to prevent three pins from touching the socket and these are the red dots on the pic that ol'man provided and they are AJ3, AK4, AN3. I plan on using nail polish to do this. I am going to cool this with a pelt which means I'll be putting dielectric grease into the socket. Will this affect the nail polish?

Now for the blue dot (AK26) that connects to one of the red dots (AK4) with a blue line, can that be done on the back of the socket, instead of doing it on the cpu?

By doing these steps, do I still need to do a voltage mod? If so, what pins am I suppose to connect to get what voltage?

Last edited:
mikyseee said:
I'm starting to get confused.

The only thing I'm sure of is that I need to prevent three pins from touching the socket and these are the red dots on the pic that ol'man provided and they are AJ3, AK4, AN3. I plan on using nail polish to do this. I am going to cool this with a pelt which means I'll be putting dielectric grease into the socket. Will this affect the nail polish?

Now for the blue dot (AK26) that connects to one of the red dots (AK4) with a blue line, can that be done on the back of the socket, instead of doing it on the cpu?

By doing these steps, do I still need to do a voltage mod? If so, what pins am I suppose to connect to get what voltage?

I suppose after you insulate AK4 from the socket by nail polisher, you will not be able to connect AK4 with AK26 via the socket any more

What is the result of jumping AK 4 to AK26? Does this set new default voltage, or is this required to get the CPU to post at all?

In other words, what will result by ONLY nailpolishing aj3, ak4, and an3? (and settting voltage manually on the slotket)

Ruiner said:
What is the result of jumping AK 4 to AK26? Does this set new default voltage, or is this required to get the CPU to post at all?

In other words, what will result by ONLY nailpolishing aj3, ak4, and an3? (and settting voltage manually on the slotket)

Well it seemed earlier in this post when the guy tried it it didn't work cause as it seemed he did not connect ak26 to ak4. Yeah I think there is a reason they connect them together. I am sure it is needed.

I dont see how you can connect AK4 and AK26 on the cpu without the wire touching other pins while keeping the wire thin enough for the cpu to lay flat on the socket.

Well this is where you need to use a little american enginuity. You may have to coat one piece of reall small and thin copper wire with plastic coat or some other coating and use this to connect these pins. Or you may want to try and route it through the back of your slocket. It shouldn't be that hard.

cut a groove on the socket to bury the wire?

can anybody explain what this tweak is doing based on the Tulaeron pin functions? :D

I performed the hack on my 1.2GHz Tualeron and Asus CUSL2 Mobo and so far it's has been working perfectly. But I lost my Vcore adjustment in Bios, anyone knows how to get it back? Thanks in advance.

dpl1111 said:
I performed the hack on my 1.2GHz Tualeron and Asus CUSL2 Mobo and so far it's has been working perfectly. But I lost my Vcore adjustment in Bios, anyone knows how to get it back? Thanks in advance.

What method did you use to connect AK4 to AK26?

For connecting AK4 and AK26, why not take a piece of speaker wire and paint the length of it, except for the tips, with nail polish to act as an insulator from the pins between AK4 and AK26. Then you can do the wrapping trick without having to worry about the wire touching the other pins...if it does, it won't do anything.

Nephtali said:
For connecting AK4 and AK26, why not take a piece of speaker wire and paint the length of it, except for the tips, with nail polish to act as an insulator from the pins between AK4 and AK26. Then you can do the wrapping trick without having to worry about the wire touching the other pins...if it does, it won't do anything.

then why not use enammeled copper wire like SWG40? (or AWG?):D

How did you do a vcore mod? Maybe you should set it too something else like maybe 1.675v default or something. I am interested to see how much the extra volts to the cache will affect it.

ol' man said:
No it was another pin also!

Don't cut the pins off. I used IDE cable and pulled out the wire and it slipped over the pin just fine. Maybe it is better than nail polish. Youwould have to reem out the hole on socket though a little bit.
Hi Ol' man,
I've just tried covering pin with cable strip today....yeah, it slipped over the pin just fine like you've said but I found it impossible to fit in through the socket. I could push it in but it's likely to snap the pin....you saying to reem out the hole on the socket, what tool did you actually use and how did you do it exactly? Could you explain in more details for me?

Also, in other reply you mentioned 1.80V might not be necessary. But without PL-iP3/T modding, are there easy ways to do 1.725 or 1.75V by simply wire-wrapping CPU pins etc?

Any help would be so appreciated.
Thanks.

JBatOC said:

Hi Ol' man,
I've just tried covering pin with cable strip today....yeah, it slipped over the pin just fine like you've said but I found it impossible to fit in through the socket. I could push it in but it's likely to snap the pin....you saying to reem out the hole on the socket, what tool did you actually use and how did you do it exactly? Could you explain in more details for me?

Also, in other reply you mentioned 1.80V might not be necessary. But without PL-iP3/T modding, are there easy ways to do 1.725 or 1.75V by simply wire-wrapping CPU pins etc?

Any help would be so appreciated.
Thanks.

I would use anything sharp but be careful. Knife tip, small drill bit.

Are you doing this on a Powerleap adapter?

Forget your warranty after this!

I would really upgrade your cooling before running Vcores that high, Jbat. The HSF that came with the Powerleap is crapola, and you could fry the chip.
What temps are you getting at load? There was some contention as to whether MBM accurately reported thermal diode output through that adapter.

BX will never die. How would I go about modding a slocket. I have an Abit slocket 3 on my P2B but I cant use it since my celeron 667 is epoxied in allong with 4 nylon posts for my waterblock. If I can put a 1-1.2 celeron in a slocket I might not want to sell this rig just yet. The slocket has very low voltage selections so that might not be as big a problem. I really need to read up on the subject more but any helpful hints are greatly appreciated. This is very exciting newse for us BX owners. I'm just waitng for a p4 slocket mod :p

Ruiner said:
I would really upgrade your cooling before running Vcores that high, Jbat. The HSF that came with the Powerleap is crapola, and you could fry the chip.
What temps are you getting at load? There was some contention as to whether MBM accurately reported thermal diode output through that adapter.
PowerLeap PL-iP3/T does not come with HSF as its socket fits socket370 HFSes just fine. I've replaced factory HFS of boxed C1.2G to GlobalWin, it looks quite cool...but if there is ANY chance the chip might get fried at 1.8V, I will not try it then.
BTW, with PL-iP3/T, there is no way to find out temperature etc....except doing adapter modding which I've read on one Japanese site.

It looks to me that you guys won't recommend shooting for 1.8V at all?

Thanks.

Back