• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Safe values OC i can get out of this setup ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

prixone

Hi,

I would post this under intel cpus but it also concerns memory and video so I was kinda of clueless where to post, pardon me if I did wrong and please move it to the place it should be, i mean no harm :)

So i was planning to OC the bellow parts and would like to know in your experience what safe values could i get out of it, i don't want anything too overboard just some improvements would be nice ...

Also both have their manager, Easy tune for the mb and Catalyst for the video and i was wondering if i should just use their auto tune or do it myself.

I would like to know aswell if it is a big problem leaving my Video Card cooler to max speed full time i don't really trust the manager to it's fan because it has disapointed me in the past.

Here is the setup i got:
Video card is a ATI Randeon HD MSI 4870 512M
CPU Cooler http://www.zalman.com/ENG/product/Product_Read.asp?idx=356
92373042.jpg

28921883.jpg

Another thing that i was thinking about should i use the drivers from ATI website or from MSI website ? the last driver available at MSI is from 23-07-2010 Version 8.723 not sure from ATI but last time i downloaded Catalyst with everything it was from 25-08-2010

Best regards.

Last edited:
msi afterburner for gpu and bios for cpu, what are temps of cpu and gpu at full load? How many sticks of ram? Dual channel? What motherboard is that, and what are temps on it? What are your voltages in bios and on afterburner?

:sly:More info guy, we ain't going to be flying unless we gots an idea of what you got going on.

First i would like to say thank your for replying.

The first image says everything for cpu, memory, motherboard and channels in use which is Dual. if u click at the very top of the first image it will expand to the original size where everything is readable ... Also says the voltages and stuff.

System temperature is 52 C
CPU temp is 41 C with fan at 15% speed on auto

About the Video card i already checked that with MSI and overclocked it and it is working fine.

The video card is at 800 GPU clock and 1000 Memory, passed the test and is doing fine.

Thanks a lot if you need any other information not posted here let me know and i will post as soon as i can.

What did you test with? I recommend testing graphic card with occt and cpu with intel burn test whilst using max ram.

I rate that your cpu can do 400fsb with 1.2-1.3 volts at 3.6-4ghz, try it, test it, post results:thup: Do you know how to overclock from bios?

Thanks i will try those values and report back, it was on default didnt touch anything yet.

Back