• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Samsung 9 15" display vs ASUS 13" vs ASUS ZenBook UX303UB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Viper69

If anyone owns a Samsung Notebook 9, I'd appreciate the input. Doesn't have a discrete graphics a bit concerned (prob won't use it for gaming)

Uses surfing the note, MS Office, maybe some minor photo editing.

I REALLY liked the 15" screen and how light it was. I haven't seen such a laptop before.

http://www.samsung.com/us/computing...book-9-15-led-full-hd-core-i7-np900x5l-k02us/

VS

The ASUS 13"" screen, discrete graphics card

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014VHVZF...e=df0&creative=395093&creativeASIN=B014VHVZFQ

Or something else??

Mr.Scott

Beamed Me Up!
On portables, the first thing I usually look at is screen real estate for the buck.
On your linked items and for your stated usage, I'd go with the sammy.

OP
V

Viper69

On portables, the first thing I usually look at is screen real estate for the buck.
On your linked items and for your stated usage, I'd go with the sammy.

I hear ya there. The ASUS has ~500 Gig SSD, the Samsung only has 256 SSD.

Also, the ASUS has a backlit keyboard. I had a netbook that didn't have a backlit keyboard and I realized that's a feature I really do want. But a larger screen, may be enough to entice me elsewhere. I don't know.

I put the Samsung and and equivalent sized ultrabook next to it. The 15" certainly seemed "huge" compared to the 13".

Both of these are well beyond the amount I had hoped to pay, I can afford it, don't get me wrong. But to get the formfactor (including weight) and HD/SSD storage space I'd like to have, seems I have to spend north of 800$:-/

Mr.Scott

Beamed Me Up!
Look at it another way. You can upgrade via aftermarket, almost everything later.....except the screen size.

OP
V

Viper69

Look at it another way. You can upgrade via aftermarket, almost everything later.....except the screen size.

I know, it's a tough call. If the Samsung had a backlit keyboard I'd get it w/out a second thought. I checked out the equivalent 15" from Asus, that's 4.5-.8 lbs, "a lot" heavier than the Samsung above, so no sale there. Eh, there really isn't the perfect ultrabook out there. I loved my HP netbook.:bang head