• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

say if my comp crashed during installation, then will...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thenerd

ok so i was installing the sims 2, but the comp crashed twice during the installation (don't ask why), so each time i had to restart the comp in the middle of it. however, i don't think i deleted the partially installed folder, and now i finally have it installed and don't know if the partially installed stuff is taking up more space, or does my good installation overwrite them?

The final install would probably overwrite the files... I wouldn't worry about the files as much as I would wonder about what went on in your registry through this. As far as disk space, I don't think you need to worry about extra space being wasted though.

urr what could possibly be wrong with my registry? the good installation works perfectly.

hmm i notice that i am down 2 gb after the failed installation. i had the game installed yesterday, but i had to reinstall it today due to some problems. yesterday i had 49gb, now i have 47. this is the only thing that i have installed/uninstalled during this period.

Back