• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

scanner SCSI interface problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Barryng

I recently bought an HP 7450C scanner. I have it connected using a SCSI interface because it is faster. The SCSI card is an Adaptec 2930. For the most part , there is no problem with Black & White bitmapped scans. However, the associated Precision Scan Pro software consistently hangs when doing 300 DPI True Color scans. The hangs are severe and invariably require a reboot to recover from. Also, sometimes Precision Scan Pro even hangs during the preview scan.

I discovered that these problems resolve themselves if I switch to the USB interface. The sole reason for buying the 7450C was to get a much faster scanner. Therefore, I do not want to negate much of its speed advantage by using the USB interface.

I have 512 meg of RAM and use only 50 Gig of a 120 Gig HDD so I do not think system resources are a contributing cause.

Any help would be appreciated.

Back