• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sen's Massive NF7-S 2.0 BIOS Vault

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
u can have your 1 gig! ill stick w/ the 250+ fsb club. lol your 1 gig club will get bigger and bigger....but the 250+ fsb club will well.....not grow by much :D.

100mbHD said:
u can have your 1 gig! ill stick w/ the 250+ fsb club. lol your 1 gig club will get bigger and bigger....but the 250+ fsb club will well.....not grow by much :D.
ROFL.... :clap:

Oh and Enduro, get it right its now the 260+ Club LOL.

Ive got 233mhz with a gig in dual channel. Trust me D10 4x4 turbo loves the 5b-c, i'm a believer now. Is it possible to get 240+ with a gig and cpc enabled?

ok i have an nf7 rev 2.0... i have Corsair Value ram...pc3200...that isn't working right (it stalls when loading new models in games like counterstrike). its definitely a ram compatibility problem. no errors in memtest or prime95 after 24 hours and it all works fine with my old pc2100 samsung. i was directed to this thread to get a new bios and see if that fixes it.

what bios should i get? plz give me a link! thanks!

Last edited:
far far away said:
guys i just want to be shure, that's why i will ask u the first and last time (please don't mind):
Tictac's D10 Beta4x4 Turbo is the best bios for micron 5B C chips??
thx!

I spent over 25 hours with the 2x512 PC3700 micron 5B C chips. The best I did was 1x512 223fsb. It completely STUNK with 2x512 dual channel. I even tried the D10 4x4. In all honesty if you get it to work great you're lucky.

As for Sen, you knew this bozo =) Why didn't you tell him about me. I cried for a long time with the Buffalo PC3700. You should ask around. The 512 chips are VERY random.

------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, I now have the Buffalo PC4200 2x512 Hynix. I called TBLMemory, and Buffalo memory and they did the swap for me. I can't get over 220fsb 2x512. 220x11.5 with d10 4x4 BIOS was rock stable at 3-4-4-11 timings. Anyone have any clue what other BIOSes I can try with 2x512 Hynix?? I have tried D25 merlin modded BIOSes and my board can't even do 210fsb with D25. Most stable is the D10 4x4 with 220fsb. My big problem with the D10 BIOS is that I have a SATA Raptor 74gig hooked up, so someone please direct me in the right direction. I have black DIMMS btw. Stupid ABIT sent me a refurbished board as a replacement. I still may be able to send this back if no one can help me with a good BIOS.

Mirage_03 said:
ok i have an nf7 rev 2.0... i have Corsair Value ram...pc3200...that isn't working right (it stalls when loading new models in games like counterstrike). its definitely a ram compatibility problem. no errors in memtest or prime95 after 24 hours and it all works fine with my old pc2100 samsung. i was directed to this thread to get a new bios and see if that fixes it.

what bios should i get? plz give me a link! thanks!

please post more info - modules sizes, voltages, dc or sc, as well as cpu you are using...

anyone knows what Corsair Value are?

can i be in both clubs? :eh?: and do we have to wear special hats? :p

g0dM@n said:
I spent over 25 hours with the 2x512 PC3700 micron 5B C chips. The best I did was 1x512 223fsb. It completely STUNK with 2x512 dual channel. I even tried the D10 4x4. In all honesty if you get it to work great you're lucky.

As for Sen, you knew this bozo =) Why didn't you tell him about me. I cried for a long time with the Buffalo PC3700. You should ask around. The 512 chips are VERY random.

------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, I now have the Buffalo PC4200 2x512 Hynix. I called TBLMemory, and Buffalo memory and they did the swap for me. I can't get over 220fsb 2x512. 220x11.5 with d10 4x4 BIOS was rock stable at 3-4-4-11 timings. Anyone have any clue what other BIOSes I can try with 2x512 Hynix?? I have tried D25 merlin modded BIOSes and my board can't even do 210fsb with D25. Most stable is the D10 4x4 with 220fsb. My big problem with the D10 BIOS is that I have a SATA Raptor 74gig hooked up, so someone please direct me in the right direction. I have black DIMMS btw. Stupid ABIT sent me a refurbished board as a replacement. I still may be able to send this back if no one can help me with a good BIOS.

2x512 of hynix is pretty miserable, i can attest to that.
try one of the bioses that has "Fire" in it and cpc-off; let as know how it went

oh yes, sorry.
i have colored slots. 1 is in use (dimm3). 512mb (double sided), no mods to the board, current vdimm is 2.7, chipset voltage is default, dual channel... oc'ing would be nice but i obviously need it to work in CS first!

mcoleg said:
please post more info - modules sizes, voltages, dc or sc, as well as cpu you are using...

anyone knows what Corsair Value are?

can i be in both clubs? :eh?: and do we have to wear special hats? :p

Yeah I want to know too. I have those, but on the chips it only says Corsair Value Sellect...nothing more on them....

mcoleg said:
2x512 of hynix is pretty miserable, i can attest to that.
try one of the bioses that has "Fire" in it and cpc-off; let as know how it went
Damn :-/ It is PC4400 tho. I figured that it would help him over Micron. Why the hell does AXP have sooo many problems running 1GB?

Sen, i seriously think the nvidia memory controller sux :p
they had problems with the original nforce and patched it and i don't think they redesigned it too much. at least they made it work well at default fsb...

so, what do you think Corsair Value is?

Mirage, try edc18 or ed d24 bios. they play nice with 1x512. also, increase vdimm to 2.9 at the settings you have now and see if it's stable. if it is, check if it helps with fsb.

You guys have no idea how much I'm aggrivated that nforce2 is complete garbage when it comes to double-sided RAM.

All I wanted was a Gig of RAM overclocked, so that I can play HL2 when it comes out. Either I'm going to have to give up on the NF7, or I'm going to have to jump down to 2x256 instead of 2x512.

The funny thing is that I didn't know about the CPC issue before I bought the ram (stupid me).

So what do you all say... A64? LOL. I need to put this Buffalo PC4200 ram in something that can handle it. I bought it for a reason, for xtreme HL2 gamin.

g0dM@n said:
You guys have no idea how much I'm aggrivated that nforce2 is complete garbage when it comes to double-sided RAM.

All I wanted was a Gig of RAM overclocked, so that I can play HL2 when it comes out. Either I'm going to have to give up on the NF7, or I'm going to have to jump down to 2x256 instead of 2x512.

The funny thing is that I didn't know about the CPC issue before I bought the ram (stupid me).

So what do you all say... A64? LOL. I need to put this Buffalo PC4200 ram in something that can handle it. I bought it for a reason, for xtreme HL2 gamin.

this bios - D25 ver. 2.0.06C 3.19 Bpl Romsip Fire - gave me 20 points on fsb as compared to any other d25 bios i've tested. there's also version 3 of the same. give it a try, see what happens. cpc-off does not give a significant performance drop when used with 2x512 double-sided ram.
and yeah, i know exactly how it feels... still, chin up, stiff upper lip and all that :p .

Back