• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Silver Arrow compatibility

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hexdump

Hi!,

This is my first post in the community so I would like to say hi to this great communite.

I'm sorry if this is not the correct subforum to post this question, but the question is a mix of things that do not really fall inside only one.

Well, I wanna buy an Silver Arrow cooler and would like to know if anyone could confirm compatibility with ripjaws X memoy and NH XT Classic black series. Here are the links of both products:

1) memory: http://www.pccomponentes.com/g_skill_ripjaws_x_ddr3_1600_pc3_12800_8gb_2x4gb_cl9.html

2) case: http://www.pccomponentes.com/nzxt_h2_classic_series_negra.html

The web page is in spanish but specifications can be easily checked.

I have been reading a lot about compatibility between this componnets without finding any formal confirmation but it seems that NH XT should be big enough (NH XT is 21.5cm tall and Silver Arrow 16.3cm) to contain the Silver Arrow cooler but not sure. In ther hand couldn't find any information about compatiblity between memory and cooler.

Thanks in advance.

According to this page on the NZXT website, you shouldn't have any fitment problems in that case. Check the far right picture out; it is a pic of a Noctua NH-D14 mounted inside and that heatsink is as huge as the Silver Arrow. As for clearing the ripjaws ram, I don't know for sure. But I am thinking that it should clear it since the heatspreaders on Ripjaws aren't super tall.

According to this page on the NZXT website, you shouldn't have any fitment problems in that case. Check the far right picture out; it is a pic of a Noctua NH-D14 mounted inside and that heatsink is as huge as the Silver Arrow. As for clearing the ripjaws ram, I don't know for sure. But I am thinking that it should clear it since the heatspreaders on Ripjaws aren't super tall.

Thanks a lot for the answer. You're right, the nh-d14 is as tall as the SA and it seems to fit perfectly (well, perspective is not the best to check this, but I believe! :D).

Anyone could confirm the memory question?

Thanks.

My NHD14 clears ripjaws with about 5-6mm extra. The Silver Arrow is about the same height from it's base where the fins start. You will be fine.
Also hi! And welcome to the forum.

Back