• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Slow WD800JB Hard Drive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Inositle

I just put in a new 80GB 8mb cache Western Digital hard drive. For some reason I'm getting slow benchmarks in SiSandra (28034 kB/s on File System Benchmark) and PcMark2002 (834 in HDD).

I'm not sure how slow these are, but i think they should be higher. Here's my specs:

A7N8X DLX 2.0
2100+ XP
256 Mb 2700
WD800JB Hard Drive - Primary Master w/ a CD-RW slave
WD600BB 5,400 RPM Hard Drive - Secondary Slave w/ CD-RW master

The best score I've gotten with Sandra is 27814 (same drive as yours). It's a pretty average Sandra score for these drives. If you want to try out another benchmark to see where you stand, try searching on Google for Atto. It's liked by quite a few people here as a better benchmark than Sandra.

JigPu

I would almost bet you have not got it running as udma5??! Check in your bios, see what it is being detected as.
I have the same drive, and I get 1078 in sandra.
regards Greg

Hm, maybe my drive is just fine i guess. I did make sure it's on UMDA 5, and it is. And everything in the BIOS looks good too. I will format my slow secondary hard drive and put Linux on it in the near future. That may help.

Thanks

Back