• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

socket 939 is here!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yea sure hand me $527 for the 3500+ and $745 for the 3800+ and ill try it

With $750 for the 3800, i could buya a 754 mobile with an MSI K8N NEO board, with a X800pro.

It sucks how much cpu are getting nowadays

CandymanCan said:
why is that ? Also since these are out now shouldnt the 754'S be going down ?

Not necessarily. If demand for the 754's is still somewhat high the price will stay high. The price should come down gradually but don't expect a huge price drop unless the performance of the 939's is much more than that of the 754's.

Jtanczos said:
5 months isnt TOO long. *chuckles*

JT

Yea when ur having fun and dont have anything to wait on, but when ur waiting and wanting a new PC 5 months is a LOOONG time hehe :beer:

Hmm, well if the prices are ganan be like the 754's are today in 5 months, then maybe I'll wait and buy a x800pro or x800xt with the money iv saved up

what the purpose of buying the latest and greatest when they become so much less then what it's worth 5 month later? its like that commercial when a person go to a store and purchase the latest and greatest just to notice at a bill board at a light stop that a new version just came out. Bragging right i guess.

well i just wanted to let everyone know that its here! as for spending the $ to get one, well not for me at least. but i will get an a64 once i truly know which socket will be supreme.

i need a upgrade like a crackhead that need crack for his addiction, i guess im going wait a little and jump in when the time perfect, as for now i can start saving up. WOOt!

Definatly waiting til fall/winter and getting a s754 for dirt cheap or s939 for a little more, then overclocking them like crazy.

Anyone know if the 130nm s939 A64's are better overclockers than the 130nm s754 A64's? Will there be mobile s939's just like the s754's?

Back