• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

(sold out) SD mp3 player $5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Anyone notice this problem with this player:

I upgraded to the 1.00.25 version. I can see the FOLDER option only on initial power on. I have to hit pause and then the power/select button, and I'll see FOLDER. Once I select folder and listen to music, if I want to go to FOLDER again I can't. I have to power off and then power on again. For some reason I get the LYRICS option in the main menu as well, but FOLDER disappears...

Anyone have a clue? Maybe I'm doing something wrong. :(

g0dM@n said:
Anyone notice this problem with this player:

I upgraded to the 1.00.25 version. I can see the FOLDER option only on initial power on. I have to hit pause and then the power/select button, and I'll see FOLDER. Once I select folder and listen to music, if I want to go to FOLDER again I can't. I have to power off and then power on again. For some reason I get the LYRICS option in the main menu as well, but FOLDER disappears...

Anyone have a clue? Maybe I'm doing something wrong. :(

Yeah, I've noticed that too. Originally this player didn't support folders at all so I'm guessing it's a limitation of how they implemented that feature. There's no way around it, you must power off the player.

doublejack said:
Yeah, I've noticed that too. Originally this player didn't support folders at all so I'm guessing it's a limitation of how they implemented that feature. There's no way around it, you must power off the player.
MY GOD!!! Truly annoying, isn't it... and I don't think I can switch tracks to get into another folder either... like if you pick a folder and you play all songs in it, it'll just continue playing that same folder. notice that too?

g0dM@n said:
MY GOD!!! Truly annoying, isn't it... and I don't think I can switch tracks to get into another folder either... like if you pick a folder and you play all songs in it, it'll just continue playing that same folder. notice that too?

Yes, I've noticed that. Once you pick a folder it seems that becomes the "root" and you can't get up a level again. It's for this reason that I no longer use folders with this player. I just loaded mine up with 2gb of music I like and I set it for shuffle mode.

Most annoying imo is how none of the settings are saved when you turn it off. So every time I turn it on (which takes a while with a loaded 2gb card) I have to set the volume, select shuffle mode and configure the backlight to my liking. But for $12 shipped I can overlook these issues.

doublejack said:
Yes, I've noticed that. Once you pick a folder it seems that becomes the "root" and you can't get up a level again. It's for this reason that I no longer use folders with this player. I just loaded mine up with 2gb of music I like and I set it for shuffle mode.

Most annoying imo is how none of the settings are saved when you turn it off. So every time I turn it on (which takes a while with a loaded 2gb card) I have to set the volume, select shuffle mode and configure the backlight to my liking. But for $12 shipped I can overlook these issues.
Dude, I think there is a way around that. I have a program that sets all of those settings for you... I haven't tried it, but you set the settings you want on this little proggy on your PC, then you upload it to your SD card.

Check it out here. It's in the zip file, along with the new version. Maybe you already have it and didn't know. :)

Here is a copy/paste of the directions to browse the player:

Taken from http://forums.slickdeals.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=9247&d=1131412315

PD-205 Folder Navigation Procedures

Go to the menu by pressing “menu” key. In the menu, select the “Folder” item by
pressing the “Play” key.
Screen pic 1
Folder

At Folder Navigation
Press “Up” or “Down” key to browse the folder name. Press “Play” key to select the
folder you want to browse. It will then go to browsing screen automatically. Press
“Play” key again to start playback of all songs in the selected folder.
Screen pic 2
Elton John

The 1st folder is called ‘Root”. If you select this folder, it means that all songs in all
folders are selected and will be appeared in browsing screen for playing all songs in
the player.
Screen pic 3
Root

Notes:
1. You cannot browse a particular song in folder browsing inside the menu mode
because once you’ve selected the folder, it goes to the browsing screen directly.
All the songs in the selected folder can be browsed. Then, you can select your
desired song in the browsing screen.
2. When you select to browse a particular folder, the repeat all/shuffle function will
become to repeat all/shuffle the songs in this particular folder. If all the songs are
expected to play repeatedly, please select the folder “Root”.
3. The folder browsing feature can function at browsing mode. In playing mode, the
folder browsing feature will not exist.

beavismorpheus said:
where can i find the best deal on a tiny sd mp3 player?

in a newer thread? :-/

sorry if I sounded rude, it wasn't my intention, is just that if you need to ask for something you don't resurrect old threads, unleast you want to add or make an important statement to that subject, so IMHO you should start a new thread for this, because nobody would know that you're asking for a mp3 in a dead deal thread.

regarding good deals, I saw a while ago in ths section, some Ipod shuffle & nano clones that were kind cheap, but the quality is doubtful :shrug:

Back