• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stability Tests

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FIRESTARR357

I was going to run 3dmark2001 in looping for stability test but i wanted to know should i run all the tests or just certin ones

Tiger

It is better to use apps that will give an indication of errors. A system may not crash but that doesn't mean it's stable. If a system is giving computational errors then it's not stable. I suggest Prime '95 or CPU Burn-in (available here . Both will give messages on computational errors.

Malakai

The ultimate stability test after your very sure of your system's stability. Format and install windows. especially 2k and XP. they will give u errors if there is a prob with your comp. I never leave my comp at a speed it cant install windows with, or pass 24+ hours of p95 while folding in the background.
-Malakai

takiwa

I would never run a graphics app to test stability of an overclocked cpu...even though your chip may be stable, if you have a cheaper graphics card (like me) the test will still crash...hell, the drivers for my Rage Fury won't even run 5 of the test in 3DMark 2001...but that doesn't mean my stability isn't there...

OP
FIRESTARR357

FIRESTARR357

Thx guy's but i ran P95 for 10 hours it passed i just wanted to try suttin more and i heard people running 3dmark2001 in a loop

takiwa

download the Bryce 5 demo from www.corel.com

do a simple scene with clouds and water, lots of reflection, and set the animation at 1 hour-long clip, 50fps....then hit the render animation button...

3 days later, if your computer hasn't started smoking, you can be assured that you just performed one helluva burn-in/stability test! :D