• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Still a little hot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GodCandy

Registered
I jsut got a Koolance PC2-601BW, I know I should have built it myself but I dont have time and this was a good temp fix. I did however get the DTek T-4 waterblock. The problem is my amd athlon 1400 is still running a bit hotter than expected... like in the 40's.... I am getting almost the exact same numbers off of the Koolance internal thermometer and my motherboards monitor. It has always run pretty hot though. That was my reason for purchasing water. With air i was runing mid to high 50's. I am wondering if it is my motherboard. I have an old MSI KT7 Turbo Ver.3. I dont know. Anyone help??
Thanks,
Godcandy

It is running aroung 42 right now. I really do think it is my motherboard... It is 21°c in my room and the computer is running at 42°c. I have all 3 fans on high. I dont know what it is...

From what you say you got a 15-17C drop from your air cooling temps. You are doing fine. I hope my setup will do as well.

Remember, it's not useful to compare temps between different motherboards. Compare only to your own setup and to others who have the same motherboard and cpu.

Back