• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Teach this MORON to mine (may drift a bit)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think I will let this run for a while, then see about reducing the HW errors.

I'll post back here tomorrow with the outcome. If anyone has suggestions what to try for reducing the HW errors, I'll give them a try. At this point, I intend to lower mem a bit and then engine if mem doesn't do the trick.

Thanks for pointing out the path for me, Silver_Pharoah. And thanks for the helpful input, xsuperbgx. As soon as I have a small pile of l007z, I'll drop a tip in each of your tip jars.

I think I will let this run for a while, then see about reducing the HW errors.

I'll post back here tomorrow with the outcome. If anyone has suggestions what to try for reducing the HW errors, I'll give them a try. At this point, I intend to lower mem a bit and then engine if mem doesn't do the trick.

Thanks for pointing out the path for me, Silver_Pharoah. And thanks for the helpful input, xsuperbgx. As soon as I have a small pile of l007z, I'll drop a tip in each of your tip jars.

HW errors? Try either: Reducing intensity, or increasing the concurrency.

if all fails, reducing intensity will cut your hashrate, but will more than likely stop HW errors.

Vertminer causes all sorts of issues for me. Sometimes it works right, other times I get issues with the ultra low kh/s, when that happens the miner lists that its mining on 2 GPU's. Main reason I quit messing with it. My best guess is that it's trying to mine with the CPU, even though it isn't a CPU minerd (running from a .bat, which I prefer)

Reducing the intensity by 1 (down to 19) stopped the HW errors.

As Luke1978 mentioned, it seems to work right sometimes but randomly has issues.

Overall, it has worked somewhat consistently for me and has definitely paid. So, I will consider this one "learned". I think I will leave it going for another day or two, then try another algo.

:thup:

Glad it works!
I end up using intensity 17, for some reason anything over 17 gives no increase in Kh.

Vertcoin worked just fine. I've been doing LTC just fine. I joined a multipool and that worked fine.

So, I decided to give Myriad a go, using skein. I jumped over the the Myriad thread and read every post from start to end. I chased a few other links, to see if there was anything that had not been covered here.

It seems to be working just fine, at the moment. I'm getting 131.6M but the dashboard on my pool says nearly twice what my miner indicates. Going by the WU:113.1/m, I'd say my R9 270 is performing as generally expected.

I'm going to let it run until tomorrow, then post my .conf file for anyone to pick apart.

Unless I am mistaken, you've all managed to Teach this MORON to mine - more or less.

BTW - anyone want to suggest where I might unload the Myriad coins, when I have a decent pile?

Vertcoin worked just fine. I've been doing LTC just fine. I joined a multipool and that worked fine.

So, I decided to give Myriad a go, using skein. I jumped over the the Myriad thread and read every post from start to end. I chased a few other links, to see if there was anything that had not been covered here.

It seems to be working just fine, at the moment. I'm getting 131.6M but the dashboard on my pool says nearly twice what my miner indicates. Going by the WU:113.1/m, I'd say my R9 270 is performing as generally expected.

I'm going to let it run until tomorrow, then post my .conf file for anyone to pick apart.

Unless I am mistaken, you've all managed to Teach this MORON to mine - more or less.

BTW - anyone want to suggest where I might unload the Myriad coins, when I have a decent pile?

https://poloniex.com/ you can exchange MYR there. :)

Back