• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Team Group T-Force Xtreem 48GB DDR5-8000 Memory Kit Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It's because all 2x24GB 7000+ kits use the same IC and almost the same main timings at the same frequencies. The main difference is the sub-timings, which sometimes affect compatibility or performance. As mentioned in the review, on current platforms, performance does not scale well past ~7200, so you can see higher scores on higher RAM frequencies, but it doesn't matter much unless you play games at lower display resolutions (more like competitive gaming or benchmarking).
I can already share that the Xtreem RGB 8200 kit will be shipped soon, but you have to wait around three weeks for the review as some other things are in the queue.

It's because all 2x24GB 7000+ kits use the same IC and almost the same main timings at the same frequencies. The main difference is the sub-timings, which sometimes affect compatibility or performance. As mentioned in the review, on current platforms, performance does not scale well past ~7200, so you can see higher scores on higher RAM frequencies, but it doesn't matter much unless you play games at lower display resolutions (more like competitive gaming or benchmarking).
I can already share that the Xtreem RGB 8200 kit will be shipped soon, but you have to wait around three weeks for the review as some other things are in the queue.
Thank you for explaing that I understand now.(y)

I've just started using DDR5 - G.Skill 7200 RGB XMP @ 34-45-45-115. I've used DDR3 and DDR4 and this "NEW" Memory feels way to light. It's like 1/2 the weight of DDR4? Does the weight matter as much with DDR5 as it did with DDR3/4?

Thanks

I equated heavier weight to better cooling. The heat spreader being heavier would conduct heat better so that a high quality fan could then remove the heat.
Also all the high end DDR3/4 had heavy heat spreaders.

I equated heavier weight to better cooling. The heat spreader being heavier would conduct heat better so that a high quality fan could then remove the heat.
Also all the high end DDR3/4 had heavy heat spreaders.

I can't see a significant difference. Most DDR3/4 had slim alu alloy plates. Only some top series had something thicker. Thicker doesn't mean that it is better because it was tested that, for example, thick G.Skill radiators used to be from worse alloys than regular aluminum (Trident X/Z). I don't remember what metal alloy it was, but it wasn't the best for transferring the heat (still good enough for everything).

Top gaming DDR5s are often heavy. Check Dominators Titanium (especially with the metal top), or Team Xtreem from this review. Both are also as thick as they can be for desktop motherboards.
Heatsinks can't be too thick. Most brands make them to a specific thickness, so you can install four modules next to each other.

The only thing that is less popular is weirdly tall heatsinks. Some DDR4 series were about 60mm tall. Now, most modules are 44mm tall. Only some top series are taller.
Regular DDR5s run at lower voltages and have a higher temperature range. At least in theory, they don't need so good heatsinks. Problems start at higher voltages, but the currently used ICs run fine up to 80°C, and to make them run so hot, you need to run extended RAM-demanding tasks. In games, 1.35-1.40V without heatsinks will keep around 65°C.

Back