• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Last of Us Part I: why are system reqs so steep?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

magellan

The Last of Us is hardly CP2077 and it's not even open world so I don't understand why it requires so much horsepower to run -- especially for the CPU. At any one time there aren't even a dozen NPC's active (unlike say, Dying Light, CP2007 or GTAV) and the maps aren't even all that large. I can see how the levels might be GPU heavy -- there's lots of highly detailed, high resolution textures.

The limit of 18 rounds of revolver ammo is beyond ridiculous. I've personally carried nearly 200 rounds of .38 special and .357 ammo in a backpack. If I had to I could've carried more than that.

Bad port is bad port :shrug:

As to ammo, they do try to make it somewhat realistic, don't forget everything else he/she is carrying at any given time. I have to say, though, ammo has never really been an issue on my playthrough, since I always try to stealth kill as much as possible.

I also don't understand why a door, once opened, can't be closed. Even more annoying was all the swords in the American Revolutionary museum, but I couldn't grab any of them. I'd much rather have a sword than a 2x4 to fight the infected.

Strangely enough, Ellie can close (and lock) doors but Joel can't. After sneaking past the armored Humvee w/the turret she closed and locked the door to the outside, which pissed me off because there was still shotgun ammo I wanted to get and that door was the only way out of the building.

In a way the Last of Us Part I reminds me of the old FEAR series, where obstacles were almost always put in your path to prevent you back tracking and getting weapons/armor/health/ammo/grenades etc. left behind.

Last edited:
Back