• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

the problem with GeForce FX 5200 is...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i dont know how u only got 1158 for a score in 3dmark 03 i have the geforce fx 5200 from pny not overclocked and im getting 1898 for a score

have we forgotten about playing games? scores really don't mean s*** if you can play your games to your liking..am i wrong?

Whats the point of benchmarking your cards all the time. If its just to get that higher score i think its a waste of time. Leave bechmarking alone and get back to playing more games. Isnt that the reason for OCing graphics cards?

Please dont bad mouth me!!!

amdperson said:
Whats the point of benchmarking your cards all the time. If its just to get that higher score i think its a waste of time. Leave bechmarking alone and get back to playing more games. Isnt that the reason for OCing graphics cards?

Please dont bad mouth me!!!

It is just part of the Overclocking Madness that is our hobby.

I dont bother testing w/ 3d mark anymore since there are sooo many peeps w/ much higher scores than I will ever get...it does help me compare performance when I add subtract parts..on that level alone I use 3dmark. But to tweak the very last ounce of juice out of my rig to get a higher score...well if spent all my time doing that I probably would never see sunlight again. As long as my rig runs stable w/ it's modest tweaks and my games play nice than I am content...but KUDOS to all you who have the time to Tweak and get the very best scores..it is you that blaze the trails for new O/C's, tips and tweaks that keep the rest of us chugging along!!!! This forum would not be what it is unless we were not mad about our hobby....some of us madder than others:p

CHEERS,
Puer

good call...point taken. carry on, mad gamers....my next card will be chosen by what i see on the forums...

Back