• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermalright HR-03 - x1k Owners Rejoice!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Pepi93 said:
do you guys use the thermal compound provided with the package, or is AS5 going to better? I have some at home so I am wondering before I apply either one.

The original posts detail that I use AS5 as the TIM.

TTP said:
Yes, you do need to get airflow across the VRM's to cool them off. The stock sinks are not adequate if you're overclocking your card.
Ah yeah, dang it.. thanks, I had a feeling. I've got a 92mm fan in the empty bottom drive bay of my PC-65B right now sort of shooting air straight across the end of the card, but I'll figure out something better soon.

I might also try to get some aluminum RAMsinks on the exposed chips right next to that red 'bar' heatsink on the end of the card and see if that helps any.

Heya guys! I just discovered this card and im curious if it would be good for a MATX board. I dont want to take up any PCI slots or anything and iv seen it mounted a couple of ways.. Does mounting so the heatsink is on the other side of the card effect the cooling? and when the heatsink is facing the CPU and such does it take up any PCI slots under the GPU? Thanks!

SeasonalEclipse said:
Heya guys! I just discovered this card and im curious if it would be good for a MATX board. I dont want to take up any PCI slots or anything and iv seen it mounted a couple of ways.. Does mounting so the heatsink is on the other side of the card effect the cooling? and when the heatsink is facing the CPU and such does it take up any PCI slots under the GPU? Thanks!
It won't take up any slots underneath the video card, but what you have to be careful of in a mATX system is that the fins of the HR-03 don't conflict with the northbridge heatsink or the CPU heatsink since they will all be in very close proximity.

Back