• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thoughts on list of components? (watercooling in 900D)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Will3ist

Registered
I plan to do my first watercooled build soon, and would like some advice, the chassis is a Corsair 900D + Corsair AX1500i PSU

Components that will be included in the loop are the following:
Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z
AMD FX-9590 (220watt TDP)
Asus Radeon R9 390X DCII (~300watt TDP, and there will be two of these cards)

Picture below is the list of cooling components i have chosen and want input about :)

Untitled-2.jpg

Setup looks good. You're just missing tubing and fittings along with a drain valve, distilled water and a silver kill coil or dead water.

I would add some back plate covers for the GPUs and have gone with a different setup of fans. I hear those Corsair's can be pretty audible.

What websites can you purchase from? If you can purchase from the whole EU, have you checked Aquatuning?

880W+ is a lot for 6x120mm worth of rad, no?

I had 5x120 for 650w (5820k amd 295x2) and when temps where ok, that thing was pumping out some heat!

Yea, temps won't be an issue for gaming but fans might be a bit over 900RPM, which means as quiet as can be. The 900D can easily hold a 120x4 rad, think about it.

Fans you picked, meh.

Still missing a bunch bits, that's where it really matters. Fittings, at least the exact right ones can make or break a build. Wrong ones, more cost, more waiting.

You're new here, so we don't know if you just did the 'click ohh that's what I want'. The details are the key.

Need to know about liquids etc.

There are two XE480 and one XE240 in that list :) thats 10x120 worth of rads

What fans would you recommend then?

And what fittings and hose?

Back