• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Transparent windows

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
there is this feature with the Detonator drivers (don't remember which version, but most recent ones should support this), but this is only for when moving the window, donno if it's possible to have it at this opacity level for long-time use

I second that...Glass2K works fine. You can also make you start bar transparent with it...but beware! transparency will KILL some resources! If you have a lot of memory and a decent vid card, it looks real nice, though...

takiwa said:
I second that...Glass2K works fine. You can also make you start bar transparent with it...but beware! transparency will KILL some resources! If you have a lot of memory and a decent vid card, it looks real nice, though...

Yeah, and when you try to MOVE a transparent window.
slloooowwwww.

well i d/led and installed that prog and i must say WOW this is exactly what i was looking for. you guys rock, my system doesnt seem slowed down at all, i've made everything transparent and it still runs like a champ ...gotta love my 2.2GHz :D i'll take some cool screenies and post em thanks guys you made my day my desktop is stylin now

good luck taking screenies...I've tried to use the screen capture in Paint Shop Pro to do mine, and it won't capture the alpha transparency. If the trans is above 50%, it captures it solid, if it is set below 50% it won't show it at all :( But I'm sure other programs can do it, just not PSP...

Back