• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

VGA overclock how they find it out?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gilgamesh

I've read in some cards like Ti series or Radeon 8k series that the warranty is for 3 yrs but if u overclock it they just void warranty anyone can tell me how they find it out? Can't be a bad seated heatsink or fan caused the damage of the gpu, whats the difference then both cases went too hot before it fail.

they really can't tell if you overclocked, they will just ask you if you did and trust you to do the right thing and be honest. Cuz you're right- a misseated HSF will fry a unit in the exact same way as if you OCed it too far.

there's no chip or anything that records past clock speeds or anything like that.

When you overclock any component you void your warranty. If you mess up a vidcard or CPU from overclocking then you eat the cost if you caused the problem. RMA's are for factory defects.

deez said:
When you overclock any component you void your warranty. If you mess up a vidcard or CPU from overclocking then you eat the cost if you caused the problem. RMA's are for factory defects.
I'm just asking how the find it out, i already know the consequences.

Back