• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Victory!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ToiletDuck

Hello ladies and gentlemen. I finally got my first watercooled system up and running. Right now I took my athlon Xp's from +2000 to +2200. Now I need to get some questions answered... How do i overclock her to what I want? I unlocked the processors and now I want to overclock her to as much as I can then back off a little bit. For anyone that has an Athlon XP system overclocked could you please give me a little info on how to set the settings? Such as how hight to set the voltage and such?
Thanks
Duck

ToiletDuck said:
. For anyone that has an Athlon XP system overclocked
Duck
[snigger]no one here [/snigger]

First we need your specs
you'll need to set you fsb to 166 or higher if you have some PC2700 memory or faster,
dont forget that when your using the higher fsb, to lower the multiplyer.

also, what is your WC setup and what kind of temps are you achieveing

uh...start off slow...don't jump straight to 166MHz FSB.

Try 140-150 and see if the computer even stays alive. Then work your way up.

Get to know your BIOS well...

But yeah, we need more info, like what motherboard you are using.

Like my A7V133-C gets my XP1800 to 1726MHz via 150MHz FSB.

OK here is my system. I am running Dual Athlon XP +2000. I have 1 gig of pc2100 ram. I have a K7D Master motherboard. I have 2x z4 waterblocks. Right now I have upped my system a little bit to test her.

Here it is using wcpuid

CPU: Athlon MP +2200
System clock: 150.2
Multiplier 12
System bus 300.4
Speed 1800.23 mhz.

Using the programs that came with it to monitor temps here they are.

Processor #1 26c and processor #2 34c.
Case temp is 29c. They have been running all day like this. Not under load though just general use.

voltage:
vCore 1.73

Both of my chips are unlocked I believe. I did connect the bridges. I think that everything is maxed out in my BIOS except for maybe my voltage. Which I don't really understand what all that does. The multiplier is at it's max. I would like to up each processor an additional 200mhz so that they would both be at 2ghz. Is it possible. What must I do? Is there a way to make my multiplier go higher? Right now it's at 12 and I think that might be the highest...
Duck

i suggest lowering your mult to 10... and raise your fsb... thats how i got the max out of it.

good luck

amp's are supposed to oc great buck getting 2 gigs on a dually will be hard, great temps on your first cpu by the way, i guessing your running them 1 after the other you might want think about running them in parrallel

well I might have to flash my bios. A big question. I have two 120mm fans on my radiator. Both of the fans have the little 3 prong ends on them that regular heatsink fans have. So right now i"m running each fan on the little motherboard fan jacks. Is that ok? earlier I tried to use 100% of my processor and the system shut down after only 2 seconds. Is it possible there wasn't enough power for it to do so? Could the fans be draining the motherboard power so there isn't enough for the processors?
Duck

could be, your better off running the fans of a 4pin molex, so you dont blow anything on the board... coz its a dually board so its gonna be an expenisve replacement

lol

ToiletDuck said:
well I might have to flash my bios. A big question. I have two 120mm fans on my radiator. Both of the fans have the little 3 prong ends on them that regular heatsink fans have. So right now i"m running each fan on the little motherboard fan jacks. Is that ok? earlier I tried to use 100% of my processor and the system shut down after only 2 seconds. Is it possible there wasn't enough power for it to do so? Could the fans be draining the motherboard power so there isn't enough for the processors?
Duck

For larger fans, even high CFM 80mm, you should run them to the molex connectors coming from the PSU so you don't risk damage.

well the thing is that there would only be one place for me to connect them to and that would be a molex connector that is alreay hooked onto two 80mm fans and my 9700 pro. Would there be enouch power in that chain of molex connectors to have 2x 120mm fans, 2x80mm fans, 1x 9700pro?
Duck

OSUmaxx said:

For larger fans, even high CFM 80mm, you should run them to the molex connectors coming from the PSU so you don't risk damage.

lol, yeah, long time ago, when I got my volcano 6CU+, 0.17 amps, I plugged it in the mobo connect, then someone warned me,a nd I had to get a molex and connect it.

Yor mobo manual should have the maximum amoun tof enegery it can take

Back