• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vid card works on one monitor, but not on the other...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sailor420

OK... I have a cheapo machine I built for my brother. The vid card in it, a (POS) SiS 315, works fine in my machine (which is identical, except for the vid card and ram), but as soon as I put it in his and plug the monitor in, it wont work. It shows the first few seconds of bootup all stretched out and blurry, but after that, it does not work at all. The machine continues to boot, but you cannot see it, only the monitor displaying "out of scan range." If I move his machine into my room, and plug it into my monitor, it works fine. If I put an old Matrox g200 in it (a PCI board), it works fine on his monitor. Would the different monitors make a difference? His monitor is a Sony Trinitron Multiscan 210 GS, mine is a Sony Trinitron Multiscan E210. His is a few years older than mine.

I even tried booting with the PCI card, getting rid of all the SiS 315 drivers, and then putting the SiS back in... No luck.

Help!

Back