• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Video Card Cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

explorer

I have a Geforce 256 that is majorly overclocked, I was wondering what cooling methods or what parts I should use for maximum cooling?

The Gforce 256 takes a great deal of power through the AGP port and the GPU gets remarkably hot even when not overclocked and if you have a fan that draws its power from the graphic card this only adds to the problem. I use a blue orb to cool my Gforce with its power supply drawing from the mobo and not the graphics card, I dont see the point of using ram sinks as my RAM never gets hot

--------------------------------------------

Duron 800 @ 1050 with Global Win FOP-32 (140 x 7.5)
Abit KT7A-Raid Mobo
512 mb (133 mhz Crucial Stuff CAS 2)
Hard Drive Cooler
Elsa Eraser X2 Gforce with Blue Orb (modified to display as a Quadro and overclocked http://www.tweakhardware.com/guide/quadro/ )
Sound Blaster Live Value
Full Tower with 5 (120 mm) case fans with seperate PSU

You can always buy video cooling kits on the web. Memory heatsinks are optional. If you're really serious about cooling it, you can always go for a water and/or a peltier cooling system

RAM never gets Hot??? I beg to differ. Before putting a heatsink/fan combo on the memory of my MX, I was not able to get above 200Mhz. I can now run 205 w/ cooling. Not that it is a notable improvement. I was sure feeling some warmth on the memory chips w/ my finger before I added cooling.

After gamming for about 1.5hrs at 190/205, the base of my Pentium Pro sink that's on the memory has a slight warmth to it. memory heats up just like many other parts of a computer.

I use a real "blue orb". I did not mount with the tape. I used A/Silver II compund & mounted with the pins using the M/B P/S. I place a PCI two fan cooling card below the V/Card. You will lose a PCI slot.

Pat

Back