• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Virtual Real Hunting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Swatdog said:
It has now gotten WAY out of hand.

According to alot of people it has gotten already, many times in the past. It al depends where you lay your definition.

It will contenue to 'grow', more and moreextremities will come up. When will society put a stop to it?

Sjaak said:
According to alot of people it has gotten already, many times in the past. It al depends where you lay your definition.

It will contenue to 'grow', more and moreextremities will come up. When will society put a stop to it?

It should be straight up illegal.... If you read the TOS, I do not get why they require you to show/provide licensing for your state/county... What is this telling us? That all hunting licenses are valid in every state/county no matter where the originating state the license came from? This makes absolutely no sense.

I'm so close to calling up my lawyer and fax this bullcrap TOS to him and seeing if this is actually legit.

Swatdog said:
I'm so close to calling up my lawyer and fax this bullcrap TOS to him and seeing if this is actually legit.

Well since YOU are not actually pulling the trigger, only the owner of the tripod gun will have to have a licence for that specific area, not the user behind his pc....

Is this private property? Because if it is, I just realized that no one can do anything legal wise. It's like here in CA, if you are on your own private property you can drive w/o a license/shoot on your own property.

lol those sneaky little ********... just slipping right through the damn law. **sigh** I better leave this subject alone before I get really mad. :(

This is the last thing that I will say about this subject and I am done:

I live in Northern CA, where deer and hunting animals flow like wine ( :p ), everyone that I am surrounded by hunts. I personally don't see the point, when you can go get the same stuff from the store, but I understand that hunting is supposed to be a "bonding period" between people that you hunt with. Think about it.. You camp together, live together, you count on each other, without one person the other fails (atleat this is the way I see it)... But I cannot see the point in killing animals... in this manner. I have a hard time thinking that I could kill a poor helpless beings when it's not in self-defense.... but this is just me, and I understand other people LOVE to hunt, infact for people, it's their LIFE, I'm ok with that. But what I absolutely hate about this "internet hunting" deal is that the gun is controlled by a computer with damn near pin-point accuracy and like harryinny3 said, the animal has no chance. And to make matters worse, the animal is STAGED to be there so you pretty much have a guarenteed kill.

Also, what is the person behind the computer benefiting from this? You don't get to eat your game, or hang it's head on your wall and call it a "trophy"... But what you do get is a score sheet telling you what type of score you got and you can compare with your friends....lol WOW! WHAT AN EXCITING REWARD - Killing an animal just to have a tiny piece of paper or DVD of your shot/kill with a rifle that has pin-point accuracy that has a 99% chance of actually hitting the target... Wow, some achievement and skill.

In short, the only people I can perceive actually doing this are psychotics and people who LOVE to watch things suffer and die for no reason but a DVD or paper.

Just to make something clear before I head off. I am by no means an eviromentalist, or against hunters in anyway, but I just have good morals about this kind of thing.

Oh, and for all of you wanting to kill animals for no point, just buy a deer hunter game (plenty of those) and call it that!

sweatdog said:
Oh, and for all of you wanting to kill animals for no point, just buy a deer hunter game (plenty of those) and call it that!

EXACTLY Right Man. This (If hunters (REAL Hunters) Dont voice in opposition to this, It Will give The Hunters who Are sportsman(This means Fair chase 0f game) A BAd name and give Hunting a Black eye. The Hunters who Just go out Hunting because its a legal way to Just kill, They wont be affected, Because in my Book, There Not Hunters(Or sportsman) There Just KILLERS, In it for the Joy of Killing.

25 years of my Life Being Ethical, And being thew Best Hunter I can be, And some stupid S**T like this goes down, and Gives ALL Hunters a BAd Stigma.

Harry

i've been hunting my whole life. I dont' buy the disabled crap either, as was mentioned in other posts. I am disabled myself (right shoulder with what the doc said was i completely tore all the ligaments and tendons away). Yet, I still get out and hunt. It is hard enough to defend to people that I hunt for food, that I hunt because it is in my blood, because it is my heritage, and because it is almost a rite of passage here. Then this stuff comes along, and like harryinny3 said.... it gives us good, upright hunters a bad reputation.

Trophy hunting/whatever P.O.S. this is... i don't agree with it. Hunting shouldn't be for 'sport' or trophies.... hunting should be because it is necessary (for food... it is much, much, MUCH healthier than what you can buy in a store, and around here where money is scarce... one big deer can feed a family of 4 for 2 or 3 months)

Back