• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

watercooled fx-53

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fx-53

Anybody watercooled one yet? thinking about doing it so i can cut down on some of this fan noise(and i wanna tinker with overclocking so.............
thats a s*** load of money to jack with without good cooling) cause right now it sounds like a d*** 747 powering up for takeoff. . That and ive already got the pump and most of the fittings. Recomendations on a cheap block? looked at the maze4. Whats the best Rad. to use? ive been loking at heatercores but im not sure............ :sn:

anyway thnks

ROFL 747 hummm yea I got a tornado in my case also but I would test you watercooling ability's with a fx-53 as for they are kinda high$.

Yeah - watercooling will help any processor potentially be able to run faster/cooler if set up properly.

:)

i dunno if i wanna make the step or not..........i think it ill help and it will ease the worries i have on overclocking a processor that cost a tenth of what my car did(not syaing this as a good thing)

Water was the answer for my 3200+ 32 bit.

I was having prob's with temp's with stock cooling. How about 70c under load so i went to a OCZ Gladiator. That knock bout 5 to 7c off. After a fairly large up grade i am now running a Koolance pc2-650 with a 3/8" tube. I have gained another 100mhz which i'm now at 2.5gig's and under load i might reach 52c while running 2 prime95 torture test's. SO i would say if you want to OC watre is the way to go.

Back