• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

watercoolin Zotac GeForce GTX 1660 Ti help needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

w1yov5r4on5

Registered
Has anyone got the Zotac GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB GAMING AMP Video Card an matching

watercooling plate from bykski the ( N-ST2060HB-X ) or any fullcover watercooling plate

if so do you think that pairing it with its own pump rad an rez would be adequate

for keeping it cool either for gaming or rendering

my current design plan it to pair mine with the( N-ST2060HB-X ) from bykski

an a EK-XTOP Revo D5 PWM - (incl. sleeved pump) Product EAN: 3831109843338

with a Aquacomputer airplex radical 2/420, copper fins pair with 3 - Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC-3000 fans

an 200mm rez

ill be using a seperate matching setup for my cpu an ram

any tips or advice on mounting a watercooling plate to this gpu

i would be greatful

1660ti is only a 120w card. A 3x120mm radiator is plenty/overkill. What cpu are you running (create a signature with your hardware)?

I've never put a block on that card... my advice is to follow the instructions and take your time. :)

At that price point liquid cooling is a huge waste of money. Take all that money you were going to spend on the custom loop and buy a 2070 super instead.

LOL!!! I didn't want to say it, but yeah............ Middling GPU.. not sure what CPU... may be better spent on something else. The water cooling costs as much as the card or more.

im future proofing for heavier cards iv currently ordered that card for its in my budget as for the rads its both preference an for future upgrade

my overall reason for wanting to water cool that card an ( future cards like the rtx 2070 ti thats way down the line ) is the ceiling in my house has this terrible

stucco paint job that sheds this fine paint dust that cake on an in everthing an its become hell tring to clean it out of the gpu fan blades an heat sink

my plan is to config my pc with one main intake with a thick filter an lots of good exhaust , a my reason for two 420mm rads is on a previous build i had one

420mm rad 50mm thick with some noctua 140s an i just like that setup it kept my old rig cool even when my house was 77deg our ac aint so good

but that rad is with my sisters rig now

at most ever 2 or so months we have have about 500$ to spear for stuff other than food so im going to configure the two pumps rads an rezs to run in tandem

for both the cpu an gpu so if thers a problem with either i can shut dont one for repair an keep the other up an running to the parts are replaced

but that just me

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

I've currently got my new mobo an ram

Gigabyte B450 AORUS M Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard

2 - sets of Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory

ive yet to get the rest of my list but these are my preposed part

Pioneer BDR-209DBK Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer

AMD Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor

1 - Zotac GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB GAMING AMP Video Card an matching watercooling

plate from bykski ( N-ST2060HB-X ) just bought yet to be delivered

1 - ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive

1 - Crucial MX500 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ( for games )

1 - Western Digital Caviar Black 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ( for renders an

vid file compression)

1 - Seagate BarraCuda Pro 10 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ( for mass exturnal nas

)

Corsair RM (2019) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

2 - Aquacomputer airplex radical 2/420, copper fins rads

6 - Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC-3000 PWM 158.5 CFM 140 mm Fan

( 3 on each rad in pull config )

4 - Phanteks PH-F200SP_BBK 110.1 CFM 200 mm Fan ( for exhaust )

im making my case from wood with some mods for mountainmods

N-ST2060HB-X is for RTX2060 and I assume it won't fit. Its price is like 50% of GTX1660Ti so this is already a waste of money.
One more thing. If that Bykski block even fits then be sure that everything is perfectly where it should be and thermal pads have correct thickness. I was installing one of their blocks on Vega56 and it was a pain to set everything perfectly. In the end, I had to replace all thermal pads as all had the wrong thickness and caused the card to overheat.

GTX1660Ti-6GD6 OC HA is listed as compatible... a zotac 1660ti. Not sure what the OP has...

that depends entirely on the block. I would use the ones supplied with the card first and see if it works. You'll need to check the contact between the block and CPU after installing everything to see if it is making good contact. If not its a guessing game.

Back