• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watercooling kit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RnPgrosz

Anybody have reccommendations on good watercooling kits and where I can get one? overclockershideout.com has one I'm thinking about getting. I will spend $200 or more if neccesary.

You could always get the Dangerden block. Then get a heater core form a junkyard or local auto parts store. Look at petsmart for a pump and get the tubing from the local hardware store.

Klownin79 said:
You could always get the Dangerden block. Then get a heater core form a junkyard or local auto parts store. Look at petsmart for a pump and get the tubing from the local hardware store.

yea, thats exactly what im doing. im just getting the new z4 silver plated block instaed :)

Is the blackice prime a good radiator and which is a better waterblock the maze 2 or the swiftech mcw 462?

get the maze2 or the maze2-1.. that blackice heatercore is good, but a waste of $$$ altho it maybe the best your paying about 20 extra for paint. you can get a heatercore from ebay for 20shipped, barbs and sparypaint at home depot for under 10.

Yes, the blackice prime is pretty good. Probably not quite as good as some heater cores, but it looks better and is smaller so that's a plus.

Talking to the guys at [H]ardOCP's forums, I've actually decided not only to not go for the Blizzard case at OCH, but to actually look at building my own watercooling kit and my own case.

So I'll be designing and building my own plexiglass case with the water cooling in mind from the beginning. For the watercooling setup, I'm going with the TC-4 block from Dtekcustoms. Their spiral block is also quite good and quite sharp. I'm going with a black ice extreme radiator and probably a Danner magdrive pump which will be submerged in a homemade reservoir (also made of plexi). All in all, it should be pretty darn sharp.

I just wish I could find something like waterwetter or purple ice that's totally transparent. If anyone has any suggestions on that, please let me know.

are you from [H] forums?
bahh come on, there all full of it.
why on god's green earth would you believe anything they say?
there all n00bs.
Please dont tell our members advice from another forum esp [H].
Thank you

Um, actually I DIDN'T pass on advice from there. I just stated that I had decided to build my own case (fact) and build my own kit (fact). The rest of what I stated I gathered from my own research around the net. For example, procooling's radiator round up from late last year.

I don't take ANYONE'S opinions or advice as gospel. I always question everything. Teachers always loved me or hated me for that.

Whenever someone gives me advice, I weigh it carefully against my feellings, advice I get from others, and what I can research on my own. THEN I make my carefully evalutated decision.

Back