• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what are these BIOS options?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chado

Registered
I just installed a new Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe with a 2800+ barton Xp and saw in the bios that there was a command for CPU stability. I can either choose 'Optimal', 'Aggressive' or 'User-Defined'. At first i started with User-defined and set my fsb to 175, then to 190, then to 200 and at that point my computer was just all ****ed up (messed up graphics card, etc) but its all good now. I was wondering what the difference behind these were and what I should do about it. For optimal I can choose either 100, 133, 166, or 200 with no problem but it seems that 200 at 'optimal' stability wont be the same as an 'aggressive' 200 fsb. Is this true?

On some boards those control memory timings.

I always set my BIOS to Expert & Aggressive so that I can select FSB in 1 step increments & select which timings my memory uses which idffers depending on which sticks & FSB I'm running.

Regards, Balrog

Back