• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what is best fan arrangement??????????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SA66

Registered
I have 1 92mm on top, 2 80mm in rear, 1 80mm on side, 2 80mm in front (face of computer case has no vent in front, but fans mounted). I have a thermaltake silent chill cpu fan, hdd fan. I wanted to know what the best configuration of fans would as far as blowing in/out and placement and any other advice on cooling. All my fans blow out except the 2 in front right now. Should I make any changes.

wana know the best air cooling setup
a case with front and rear 120mm slots cut out the fan grills and have filter on the front
the case to do this i recomend is the Antec SLK3700BQE i use it it has a filtter with it.
get 4 vantec stealth 120mm put then like this:
1 front, 1 rear, 1 as a top blow hole, 1 side.
then go buy 1 panaflow 120mm and mount it on a XP 120.
on your north bridge use a zalmen fanless.
get a hardcano 12 put your HD in it and hook all your fans up to it bring the rpms down on the fans so that they are nice and quite (the hardcano 12 will let you adjust your fans), they will still be pushing lots of air but can run at lower rpms/ noise and still push the same amount of air as 80 or 92mm's.

then just get a fillter for your side 120mm ( www.ncix.com )

just the main thing is to remember this big fans= less rpm's= less noise (yet still lots of CMF's) good fans panaflow, silent X , and vanteck stealth.

In most cases this is the best setup. Of course if you can't place a fan there than just ignore that. This would be from I guess the case's point of view. I might as well mention a left side fan but I have yet to see a case that has one. Of course there are exceptions and if you have the time it is worth testing out different fan configurations.

Front - Intake
Top - Exhaust
Right Side - Intake
Left Side - Exhaust
Back - Exhaust

hey moosed WTF man left side exhaust? and who ever put a righ side fan in there case?

the one way a side fan goes that intake onto on the left side pannle IE the one that opens.

any way o ya Senater_Cache read the rest of the post like
"just the main thing is to remember this big fans= less rpm's= less noise (yet still lots of CMF's) good fans panaflow, silent X , and vanteck stealth."

this is the best for a quite yet very cool case.

but if you wana be all "HARDCORE" and buy a delta or a tornado then ya u will have better temps but you cant live with 1 fan that loud never mind the hole case full of them.

i dont even have the setup i said above and my temps are GREAT.

here my sats for proof.
Anteck SLK3700BQE 1 rear fan (comes with the case 120mm) 1 front vanteck stealth 120mm (no fan grills removed)
2.8C cooled by a no name junk 92mm fan (ran with asus Q fan controll at 13/16)
OC is 2.8C @ 3.5 idle temps are about 24C prime 95 load temps are 37C

now just think when i get more tme more $ i cand buy a hardcano 12 and 2 new fans and grills and cut the grills out on the front and rear that will lower my temps to like 20C idle.

so there is my proof mk

syber- I noticed SA66 mentioned wanting the best combonation of fans he has at the moment, not what works the best, period.

SA66- You'll want to have slightly more airflow coming in than out. The reason is because positive case pressure will reduce dust. You need to even out airflow anyway (Right now you have about ~80% of airflow going out and only ~20% coming in).
My suggestion:
-2 80mm fans in front blowing in.
-2 80mm fans in back blowing in.
-1 80mm fan on side blowing out.
-1 92mm fan on top blowing out.

The power supply fan also counts, so you would now have ~70% blowing in and ~30% blowing out. Much better. ;)

The main key to good air cooling is good air flow. You have fans and heatsinks on the parts that need the most cooling, but for these to work they need to exchange heat with cool air. Think of your computer case as a windtunnel that you want to push air through. Generally you want about the same number of intake fans as exhaust, but if you have a couple more intake you can generate positive air pressure inside the case which will make air flow out through all the little cracks and whatnot and cut down on dust.

A lot of slow spinning fans will push just as much air as a few fast ones, but will generate a lot less noise, so more slow fans are generaly better. Intake at the front and side, and exhaust at the back and top is a popular option that seems to work well for most people.

yes thats a good poin lol i didnt even see that he wanted to arange his CURRENT fans lol.
that said though he did say this " any other advice on cooling"

so i gave him some advice.

matt has it though thats what i would say.
front and side intake rear and top out.

Back