• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what temp should I trust?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sandman2869

Hi all,
I am using motherboard monitor 5 and it says that my temp is 107F, but then i noticed under the mainboard information it states that my motherboard temp is only 77F, and my CPU is 66.2F. Which one is closest to being true? I dont want to burn my chip up but don't want to be paranoid at the same time, hehe. Any help is appreciated.

Celeron 600@912 (standard hs/f right now, gold orb is en route)
256 pc133 micron cas2
hercules prophet II MX
Asus Cusl2-C

sandman2869 (Dec 22, 2000 01:26 a.m.):
Hi all,
I am using motherboard monitor 5 and it says that my temp is 107F, but then i noticed under the mainboard information it states that my motherboard temp is only 77F, and my CPU is 66.2F. Which one is closest to being true? I dont want to burn my chip up but don't want to be paranoid at the same time, hehe. Any help is appreciated.

Look, neither are 100% trustfull. But we have to supouse the bios readings are the most close to the true temp. If you are getting only 66.2F, it's quite obvious u will notice a very small warmit emaning from the cooler when u touch it. So, touching the dissipator are the first test you should do. Actually, I only use MBM to verify temp's when I close my case...

Back