• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

whatr was that "chess" style game in Star Wars: episode I?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yep, the first 3 movies (last 3 episodes) are the best. I own them (on VHS 'cause Lucas won't release 'em on DVD :mad: ) and don't own the other episodes. Also, Lucas made all the ships look streamlined and more futuristic in the first episodes versus the last episodes. WTF? Did their technology get worse as time went on?

Cyrix_2k said:
Yep, the first 3 movies (last 3 episodes) are the best. I own them (on VHS 'cause Lucas won't release 'em on DVD :mad: ) and don't own the other episodes. Also, Lucas made all the ships look streamlined and more futuristic in the first episodes versus the last episodes. WTF? Did their technology get worse as time went on?

special effects technology was very limited back then late 70's early 80's. Everything, even the Death Star were literally plastic (probably some other material) models that ILM (Industrial Light and Magic) put together and blew up or put up behind a fake starfield etc. Though the special editions of the Original Trilogy improved the action scenes, the original editions of the movies are still just as good and I actually prefer to watch them than the special editions. (I own both versions)

illwillchill said:

special effects technology was very limited back then late 70's early 80's. Everything, even the Death Star were literally plastic (probably some other material) models that ILM (Industrial Light and Magic) put together and blew up or put up behind a fake starfield etc. Though the special editions of the Original Trilogy improved the action scenes, the original editions of the movies are still just as good and I actually prefer to watch them than the special editions. (I own both versions)

there was even more improvements IMO, also...

(ie. natalie portman > princess leiah)ala: IWILL's avatar!:D

Yep, gotta like that improvement :D

And yes, I know the FX are much better now. It's just I think they should've made the new movie's look like the old one's. They don't even have to do that, they just have to make the technology seem just as old as in the classic movies. I mean, they can still have better explosions and stuff, just not streamlined ships. See what I mean?

Also, I heard Lucas Arts was going to come out with 3 MORE movies that take place after the 6th episode!?

Cyrix_2k said:
Also, I heard Lucas Arts was going to come out with 3 MORE movies that take place after the 6th episode!?

That would be nice and there are already books namely Truce at Bakura which takes place right after Return of the Jedi, where an alliance is formed between the rebellion and the Imperial Reminant (which is still powerful and larger than the Rebellion), though its not the greatest SW novel compared to other series such as the Zahn Trilogy and first four books of Rogue Squadron by Michael Stackpole (the Bacta Wars). I wonder if Lucas decides to milk the cow more continue the series to use these novels as a guide or to completely ignore them. :rolleyes:

Just as cyrix stated, I think it was retarded that the past had better technology, they should've kept the technology the same or made it crapier lol, also yodas performance in Episode 2 was overkill IMO.

I gotta agree on the technology things. For the ships themselves they could certainly be using the new CG stuff to make all the special effects, but they should have made the stuff in the CG look appropriately dated technology. I mean just because you are using CG now if you were to make an X-Wing fighter it shouldn't look substantially different than they did in the first three movies (it should just be CG instead of miniatures, but not look like a whole new ship type).

I think originally there were supposed to be 9 movies total in the series from what I recall from way back when, but at the rate they are going now I doubt we will see that happen.

Back