• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which amd board?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TonyKlem

Hey im lookin for a board for my friend he wants an amd with 333fsb and onboard video,lan,and audio im just wondering what a good stable board is i dont really kno whats good with single processor boards im into the MP's:D so if you have any suggestion lemme kno

Thanks

I have said this so many times but I will say it again. The Epox 8k3a+. Untill we see how the Nforce 2 does this is really the best overclocking board out there. Its pretty simple, in addition to the normal features the other KT333 boards have, such as 1/5 divider, the Epox has Vcore adjustments up to 2.2v and Vdimm to 3.2v. Those voltage adjustments will come in very handy when doing extreme overclocking.:)

Curious why your friend is set on onboard video & sound.

For $87 you could get an Abit Kx7-333:

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduct.asp?DEPA=&submit=Go&description=kx7-333

Or, for $99 you could get the 8K3A:

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduct.asp?DEPA=&submit=Go&description=8k3a

Add a Radeon 8500 for $75 and you've got a hell of a set-up. Certainly better than the current nForce stuff. That also leaves you open to video upgrades in the future. If your friend isn't a gamer then an older Video card is even less (and if they get hooked on games - they can upgrade.)

edit - Remember, the Kx7-333 does NOT have onboard sound, so if you don't want to spring for a TBSC then get the ePox

hey RnPgrosz how do you like your k7d master? i just order K7D Master-L i hope i like it:D plus its pretty hehehe

TonyKlem said:
hey RnPgrosz how do you like your k7d master? i just order K7D Master-L i hope i like it:D plus its pretty hehehe

Its, a good MP board. Certainly the best for overclocking as you can increase the vcore, change the multi and can go up to 150 MHz fsb. Hope you enjoy it.:)

Back