• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whoa! Is this for real?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LoneWolf121188

From Sarah A. Kays Thu Sep 8 12:27:28 2005
X-Apparently-To: [email protected] via 68.142.201.69; Thu, 08 Sep 2005 12:27:30 -0700
X-Originating-IP: [66.194.253.98]
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Authentication-Results: mta280.mail.scd.yahoo.com from=wurldmedia.com; domainkeys=neutral (no sig)
Received: from 66.194.253.98 (EHLO venus.milkyway.net) (66.194.253.98) by mta280.mail.scd.yahoo.com with SMTP; Thu, 08 Sep 2005 12:27:30 -0700
Received: from Wurldmedia.net ([172.16.0.105]) by venus.milkyway.net with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.1830); Thu, 8 Sep 2005 15:28:00 -0400
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.3790.181
Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----_=_NextPart_001_01C5B4AB.59E10F8D"
Subject: Winner of Chimaira Sweepstakes at Peer Impact!
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 15:27:28 -0400
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
X-MS-Has-Attach:
X-MS-TNEF-Correlator:
Thread-Topic: Winner of Chimaira Sweepstakes at Peer Impact!
Thread-Index: AcW0q1lMS8/4MJLKSLS6AmMkp49z1w==
From: "Sarah A. Kays" <[email protected]> Add to Address Book
Importance: normal
Priority: normal
To: [email protected]
Return-Path: [email protected]
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 08 Sep 2005 19:28:00.0406 (UTC) FILETIME=[6C955360:01C5B4AB]
Content-Length: 2407

Congratulations!

You have been selected as the Grand Prize winner of the Peer Impact Chimaira “Register To Win” sweepstakes! Your prize includes an iRiver H10, 6GB Music Player, a Peer Impact T-Shirt and a Peer Impact hat on us!

As you probably recall, during your registration process at Peer Impact, you were asked to enter the promo code “Chimaira”, which automatically entered you into our sweepstakes…however we only receive your email information during the registration process…So, please make sure you include your name, mailing address and daytime phone number when replying to this email so that we are able to send your prize to the appropriate location.

If you have any questions about this email, please call me immediately at 518-682-1184.

You must reply to this email with your name, mailing address and daytime phone number within 3 days or you will forfeit the prize forever and we will have to choose another winner.

Sincerely,

Sarah

Peer Impact Promotions Team

Sarah Kays
Marketing Coordinator
wurldmedia
Tel: 518.682.3184
Fax: 518.682.3180
Email: [email protected]
wurldmedia.com

This e-mail message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, forwarding or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail or telephone and delete the original message immediately.

I've been out for a few days (canoeing...just got back) and when I opened my email, I found this. Is this for real? I did actually sign up for the contest and everything...

If so: :attn: :bday:

give it shot, it just may be. whats the worse that will happen... they'll spam the **** outta you? i bet they're doin that anyways. and paper mail is too expensive in comparison to spam to send, see whats up.

I went ahead and sent them an email with my info, and I got a message today saying it got shipped today and will arrive tomorrow. SWEET! I guess I'll find out tommorrow if its real or not! :santa:

It came!!! I got the player, a shirt, a hat, keychain light, keychain dangley thingy, and two bumper stickers. It was all shipped in a beat up amazon box, and the H10 box was a little beat up too, but hey, it was free!!!

But you haven't heard the best part yet: Its not a 6GB H10. Its the 20GB H10! This is soooo awesome!!! :attn: :attn: :bday: :santa2: :santa:

Now I have to figure out what I'm going to do with it. I already have an ipod shuffle, which I really like for trips and on the go, and I have an ipod mini, which I almost never use because the shuffle is enough (both were gifts). Now I have an even bigger player with even more space :rolleyes: . Only thing I can think of is a portable HD, but its only USB AFIAK, so transferring iso files or whatever would take a loooooong time.

I could just sell it. :shrug:

wow thats well cool mate i know what you can do with it... give it me :p ive not got any portable players :'(

Back