• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WhooHooo!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

onefstsnake

Sorry just excited to see myself in the top 20... :chair:

Unfortunately the wife wants the i7's off when were not using them cuz she says the office is too hot...:rain:

Now I need some $$ to buy a portable a/c unit...lol.

Attachments

• top20.JPG
    top20.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 98
I can't believe what I'm hearing.

Who wears the pants in that house? I'm disappointed in you :D

IDEAS:

Turn the heat off to that room(block the vents) turn a ceiling fan on to move the air around.

Actually its warm enough out to need the ac on in the house. Need a good fan that fits in the window.

Congratulations.

On the subject of too hot, what's your missus's machine running temperature?

Reason why I'm asking is that I've got an i7 920 and your OC is very nice:)

With the 4.2 OC full load for ~ 1hr was low 70's with a Megahalem and push pull tri-cools. Its in an old antec case so airflow isnt great and thats with ~72*f ambient air temps.

For folding I have both rigs at 3.8ghz ATM.

EDIT:
Man that top 20 was short lived... Only lasted 1 update haha. :rolleyes:

Having used a lot of the Antec tri cools, I think you'd be interested to know that they aren't, in my opinion, suitable as heatsink fans. They have a cheap sleeve bearing and will wear out in short order. I have replaced every tricool fan (20+) I bought at about the 2 year continuous use mark, with some dieing much earlier. You probably have plenty of time, but keep an eye on them.

Will be adding some new HW this week. Should see a 20% boost in PPD.
Also trying to plan an SB build w/o the wife freaking out...

The HTPC could really use a 4.8ghz 8 core processor to watch movies on....:shrug:

Back