• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will this work?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

apu318

Disabled
Welland: Most drug use per capita in Canada.
I have a thermaltake volcano 11 xaser cooler for my athlon xp 1800+ right now.. and im going to be upgrading to an athlon 64 3000+. i really dont wanna sell this cooling fan.. its done me good (32C idle @ 2ghz 1.8v core) so my question is will this heatsink mount properly onto an athlon 64 board? i'm assuming it doesnt.. but i thought id ask anyways.

Well of course it wont mount to a a64 board. But one thing you could do is a get a thermalright sp-947u and use the fan from your volcano 11 on it.

I believe it is the 948u you are talking about, the 947u is the one used for socket A and 478. If you wait maybe you might want to try the xp 120, that mounts a 120mm fan!

ThermalRight XP-120 - Reserve Yours!
If you would like to be contacted once the XP-120 is in stock or available for pre-order, please click HERE and we will email you once they are available. Please note the sale price below is not set yet.

The ThermalRight XP-120 mounts directly to the MB for the most secure mounting possible. This mounting system requires the presence of four mounting holes surrounding the processor socket. Designed for use with AMD: Athlon64 FX 3200+/Athlon64 3200+ and above
Intel: Pentium-4 socket-478 3.2 GHz and above only.

Price $ 49.99
Product Number HS-004
Qty on Hand 73
Status In Stock

http://heatsinkfactory.com/cgi-bin/HFAstore.pl?user_action=detail&catalogno=HS-004

Last edited:
Back