• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win Xp Install Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Airpizza

Ok i've goten to the part where it says installing windows and it has the thing on the right with the "helpfull" tips. The estimated time to completion is always 39mins and it will go for about 30mins then say something like I/O error. Any Help? :bang head

Nforce 4 Ultra-D using a 450w ocz modstream that works fine. tried using a stick of mushkin 512 and a stick of patriot 256 in the second dimm.

I get this error when installing windows:

Fatal Error
An error has been encountered that prevents Setup from continuing.

One of the componenets that Windows needs to continue setup could not be installed.
The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error

Press OK to view the Setup Logfile

I press ok and it gives me this:

System Setup Log C:\windows\setuperr.log

Error:
Instalation Failed D:\I386\asms. Error Message:. The Request could not be performed because of an I/O error.

Fatal Error:
One of the components taht Windows needs to continue setup could not be installed

The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.

I'm confused... you're posting this in the DFI Motherboards section, yet your sig says you have an MSI Neo2, which one do you have? I will assume a DFI NF4 board until you post otherwise.

If it's an I/O device I would guess your CD/DVD drive has trouble reading the Windows install CD. Here are your choices to troubleshoot in this order:

1. Cleaning the Windows install CD.
2. Try another IDE/SATA cable to your CD/DVD drive. (I had 1 bad IDE cable with my Ultra-D board.)
3. Try another CD/DVD drive.
4. Try another IDE/SATA cable to your hard drive.
5. Try another hard drive.

Hopefully this will give you a starting point for finding where the problem lies.

Its for a friends computer, not mine. I'm trying to install 64bit edition atm and it seems to be going ALOT better. I did try and copy the windows cd just to make sure it wasnt scratched and it DID find and error at the very end of the disk..not even .2mbs to go. It shouldnt be anything wrong with the cd drive or hdrive because it copies files from the cd to the hard drive in the begining parts.

Back