• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Window$ 2000

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wommalong

I know this may sound stupid...

Can you play games (MOHAA, UR2003, WK3, D2, etc)in Window$2000? I ask this cos i had it installed before and i could not play games (something about setting a mode??? cant remember the whole thing) now i got a new graphics card and drivers... could this make the difference?

Yes I can but it did depend on my graphics card, I couldnt play MOHA very well with my voodoo5 but with my GF3 it rocked.

i ran windows 2K with service pack 2 for about 6 months, i was able to play every game i have that isn't a dos game. service pack 3 is supposed to be even more game friendly but i switched to XP before i tested it.

(service pack 2 made win2K decent for games, i would definatly get it)

Yah, there are very few games that you cant run in 2k. DOS games, and a few games that ONLY run in win9x (but there few and far between)

When I first installed win2K a few games wouldn' play "Madden 2002,NHL 2002 "All the games I tried" Anyway I got SP3. They work flawless now. I play RTCW,UT,Madden 2002,NHL 2002 And they all work very good. Specs Below

I haven't had much luck with sp3... and another weird thing is when i installed sp2... i was running an antivirus... and it came up and said blah blah we dected a virus being installed or whatever it was when i was installing sp2!

Punkmasterflick said:
I haven't had much luck with sp3... and another weird thing is when i installed sp2... i was running an antivirus... and it came up and said blah blah we dected a virus being installed or whatever it was when i was installing sp2!

That happens 'cause the SP is modifying system files, and some virus scanners pick that up as virus activity.

The EULA for the SP states that you should disable any AV software running during the install.

Back