• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows and Bill Gates

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silver

Senior Citizen (aka old fart)
Monday March 18, 2002 - [ 07:12 PM GMT ]
- By Grant Gross -
The big news this week came from an exclusive NewsForge/Linux.com report saying AOL is planning to dump the Microsoft Internet Explorer for the core of the Open Source Mozilla browser. Robin "Roblimo" Miller also reported March 11 that AOL was talking with Red Hat about supporting AOL's wholesale switch to Linux servers.

http://linux.com/article.pl?sid=02/03/18/1913238

Can't seem to find it now but what law suit was it rescently wherein the Windows lawyers made it clear that if they lost the suit they would have to pull Windows xp support? This should scare the xxxx out of anyone running xp and even more so since reloads require contact with the home site.

It is beginning to look like the opposition is getting together to counter Mr. Gates.

Don't really know anything about it however that is not the point. Rescently Lindows won against the all powerful Mr. Gates as well. Maybe there are a few cracks in his armor after all.

i hate aol. and havent you heard reportedly they owe the most of amount of money in the world. they are in millions of pounds of debt.

M$ can pull it if they want since I no longer need nor have ever needed support from them. They can't anyway or they'd get put out of business for breech of contract to all the XP users out there.

I use w2k, 98se, NT4 & wfw3.11 and never have my OS phone home :D

Back