• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP-1700 AGOGA after Pelt and Watercool

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AudiMan

Hey people I am seriously interested in building an extremely overclocked system with a watercooling kit and a 154 watt peltier, two PSU's, volt mod and a whole bunch of other nifty little gadgets. The processor that is going to be torchered is an XP-1700 AGOGA.

Anyone know roughly how much I'll be able to get out of this?
Hopefully 1.9 GHz

(It does 1.628 @ 1.775 Vcore. PSU and heat are limiting factors right now)

Plan on using Epox 8kha+ with PC-2700 RAM.

Going to spend roughly $2000 on it (About $1250 US), then upgrading to a T-Bred if all goes well.

i think itll do it, my agoga y 1600+ does [email protected], but only on cold days. i vmodded my 8kha+[very easy] and am waiting 4 watercooling. i doubt youll even need the pelt
-Malakai

Which method did you use to volt mod it? I'm thinking of getting that vmod kit for $10 in the classifieds section.

Yes! get that! Larrys vmod kit is what i have, its very nice, and well worth 10$. a pamona clip costs 6, so a very good deal, and a snap to actually do as well.
just clip, screw the ground, and adjust the vcore in the bios!
-Malakai

my agoga 1700 did 1750 after volt mod with air cooling.

carefull though, i somehow killed it installing mly water block.

(sob)

Thanks guys. I need to replace the cooling on my Northbridge on my Epox 8KHA+ because the fan is shot. After that, the vmod kit, and the water cooling kit, I'm gonna OC it like mad.

Malakai said:
Sweet man, keep us updated
-Malakai

Well my long term plan with this little project is to watercool and 154 Watt pelt on a T-bred to see how high I can get it.

It will take me a while to finish, but I am using the xp-1700 agoga for now, with simple watercooling.

even with "just" water, an agoga y 1700+ should o/c real well. i really dont think a pelt will get u that mch more out of it, maybe like 50 more mhz. I am confident ill be able to get this 1600+ to 1.9 with vmod and watercooling:)
id see how i do with just the water 1st. now the pelt might do a lot better on a t-bred though. theres a bit of unlocked potential in them. but good luck getting it unlocked, XP's are mad easy, if u want to unlock a t-bred, its gonna involve cutting bridges with a dremel:eek:
-Malakai

Ouch! that's harsh unlocking with a dremel!

OC'ing just wont be as much fun anymore :(

Well, I'm sure your going to be able to pump it up to 2.1v or more and overclock it to 1950 easily. Just be sure you have a good insulation for the peltier.

Hehe, why not get a bigger PSU and 220watt Peltier! More Extreme. I'd also look into a watercooled Northbridge (With the voltage your pumping threw the motherboard, I'd be scared as hell), and ThermalTake Heatsink Memory thing. Either watercool the ram, or place those chips on there. Don't forget to cool the clock generator.

Yodums

Where would the clock gen be located? and I never knew thay had waterblocks for the RAM,,, that's coool

Bender, that's pretty decently priced!
But wouldn't I need some sort of mod since that PSU uses a 15 Volt line and the 14 volt peltiers run most efficientle @ 12 volts?

It would be pretty easy to hook up a rheostat or a potentiometer tho, or possibly even a resistor? I don't know much about electronics but it appears like it would be very easy.

Most pelts 15-16v pelts will be fine at that voltage. 12-13 is usually good but it can varry from pelt to pelt. You won't be able to use a rehostat or resistor the way you are thinking. You would have to open up the psu and manipulate the voltage regulator. I wouldn't worry about the voltage unless you can find someone who has done the mod already. For the price you simply cant complain. Most people spend $100+ for a PSU like that.

Back