• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP1700 DLT3C @ 2400mhz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

weasel

Well, I finally got the nerve to do the v-core mod on my board. I found a set of test clips at radio shack that were small enough to fit between the pins on the voltage controller chip, just took a little trimming on the end of the hook to make it where I could turn it so that it would grab the appropriate leg of the chip. For those of you looking for an alternative to the SMD grabber, this worked fine, radio shack part #278-016A.

I wasn't sure what to expect for an overclock but the pics speak for themselves. I didn't try any further or run prime because my 5v line was getting low. So my next purchase will be a good power supply, then I'll try for more. I also threw in my 3dmark01 score, but it was when the cpu was only at 2.2ghz, but still nice for a gf3.

Also the temps are actualy high than in the pic's now that the sys has run a bit and the resivoir has warmed up.

JIUHB 0310 XPMW
2400cpu.JPG

2400multim.JPG

3dm03.JPG

gf3oc.JPG

Jim

Thanks, I may try a little higher without changing the vcore.

Jim

Back