• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XSPC CPU blocks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

man00

Registered
Not sure if its Raystorm or Rasa maybe they're the same? Anyway bought this kit back in 2011 or 2012 and never cleaned the block and only changed water once, when the pump went out..I was wondering if the o-rings in these blocks are one fits all? Not even sure if there is a need to clean it or not but figure if and when I did the seals would be toast.
thanks

Unless the block(s) leak, there's no reason to replace them. If you decide to take the block(s) apart to clean them thoroughly, be gentle with the o-ring. I clean my blocks out and just wipe the o-ring gently, then coat them with a super thin layer of grease, then wipe the grease off before reassembly. This prevents the o-ring from drying out and cracking. I have both the Rasa and the Raystorm blocks.

Rasa O-ring replacement

Raystorm O-ring replacement

No the O-rings are not one size fits all. These O-rings are block specific.

Unless the block(s) leak, there's no reason to replace them. If you decide to take the block(s) apart to clean them thoroughly, be gentle with the o-ring. I clean my blocks out and just wipe the o-ring gently, then coat them with a super thin layer of grease, then wipe the grease off before reassembly. This prevents the o-ring from drying out and cracking. I have both the Rasa and the Raystorm blocks.

Rasa O-ring replacement

Raystorm O-ring replacement

No the O-rings are not one size fits all. These O-rings are block specific.
Thanks for the info

Back