• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Your thoughts on this CPU cooler.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
good pick on the cooler , i wouldnt touch that fan tho , try looking for a scythe or yate loons both give good performance with reasonable price , also something i want to say people have mentioned some cheaper alternatives if cost is an issue with a true , would be Xigmatec or sunbeam core contact freezer , true would perform better then both but they are also alot cheaper then true and more then enought for some setups , but true is an investment that keeps on performing generation after generation of CPU's .

Can you get the scythe or yate loon fans with LED's? either red or white? Performance does come before looks, but it would be nice to have both.

Is this Xigmatek fan any good?

http://www.thecoolingshop.com/product_info.php/cPath/98_1_16/products_id/3445

I already have a 140mm one of these as a exhaust fan

They are great,
These are quiet and push 90cfm of air at 2000rpm. Thats alot, at low rpm.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=69&products_id=25753

Also, you cant go wrong with this.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835186134
Itd save you some money, but on the other hand. 4ghz i kinda high on air.

If you are just getting case fans and not heatsink fans, I would say look at some scythe "slipstreams". The 1900rpm model pushes 111 CFM @ 37dB which is damn good. But they are NOT good for heatsink's because of the low static pressure.

although the slipstreams are really good case fans.
if you like led fans the coolermaster posted by "A15G" are damn near silent and the slipstreams
are quite noise specially if you are planning to have more than 1.
the cooler master also pushes a lot of air plus having leds and being really quiet for it's cfm.
i'd stay away from blue though, for some reason, the blue fan leds go out really quickly.
not all but like one or two die w/in a month or two. the green and red are good though.
not sure if the newer blue led fans have this issue still.
again these are for case fans. :p

I personally don't see the need for all the pretty colors, cold cathodes and such. Seems like people either have way to much money on their hands, or a lot of time to work on making their computer "pretty".

hahaha..
to each his own.
you can't tell someone to not be proud of what they have and keep it to themselves can you.
people want to show off what they have.
how better to attract attention than w/ a windows and some lights.

I've a true copper on the way, get to start lapping soon I guess :p I thought I'd get one for this final build for awhile to look better and hopefully drop some more temps in the process. I'd been looking at em a long time and just bit the bullet I guess, but I still love this Sunbeam, I have to say they work very well myself.

My sister-in-laws boyfriend has wanted me to put together a rig for him, wanted a gaming starter computer. Even have a Asus Maximus Formula II laying around. Planning on scavenging a few things out of Big Blue and Little Blue and recommended he used the Sunbeam and a E8600 myself. This cooler has been working very well for me, and he wanted to go cheapest he could of course, so I'll probably just give that one to him :)

I've enough decent things laying around Ill make all 3 of us happy I guess.

Sorry got off track, but I would have to say just knocking the Sunbeams offhand is a bit bad form, they work well from my experience.

Much better than the UltraChillTEC it replaced about 6 months ago at any rate.

Last edited:
Back