• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Yowie ! Wowie ! Hot temps on Tiger2460

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jboy

The phoenix bios on this mb is reporting cpu temps of 75-76C, is this real ? The HS's feel warm to the touch, (couple of Volcano 6's w/delta screamers on them), but not particularly hot. Anybody know if this board gives inaccurate temperature readings ?

Also, is setup and OS loading on a dual machine the same as on single cpu box ? I cant get to an A:/ prompt using a win98 startup disk, (I get a system I/O disk error-remove and press any key message), is there a different setup procedure for dual machines ? Want to ultimately load Win2000 on board, but have to setup HD using fdisk first..

hit enter to refresh the temp settings

the first settings that show up are bogus... after that it will show the correct settings.

use a program called tyantemp to monitor your temps from windows. All other programs get it all wrong.

setting up an OS is the same on a dualie...

make sure the ribbon on the floppy is the correct way... and make sure the boot disk works on another computer .... i spend many hours in frustration trying to get a boot disk to work.. only to find out that it was a broken disk.. doh!

Windows 2000 can partition your hard disk during installation. No need to set it up beforehand, unless you want to customize your partitions and stuff.

I have the same issue on my 2460, I always just press the down arrow and it refreshes. Mine usually idles around 40C in the BIOS.

Back