• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

starting up SETI at startup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cack01

I'm trying to run seti driver on two win98 machines. I have gotten both comps to load seti through run services or just the run keys in the registry. The only problem is, when you shut down the computers, it says I must close SETI and then I have to go though the CTrl +ALT +DEL to get it to close. In win 2k I can shut down easily with out error, so im guessing this is a win98 problem.

Do you guys have any insight or have any other idea on how to load SETI with no one seeing at startup. I havn't gone though the win.ini or the startup folder, but I"m guesing the outcome will be the same.

thanks

I d/l the filke and put in my windows directory. Still have to shut down manually. Does anyone know what the file does, if I knew, then maybe I could figure out how to get it to work.

thanks

Same here. I downloaded the file and unzipped the pif file to my windows directory, reboot. But still have to shutdown SETI manually. This doesn't bother me much , but my cousin and friend who's running seti their pc on my behalf don't like it. I'd like to know the solution too.

on all Win9x, it happen like that.

solution:

go to c:/windows/system, copy "conagent.exe" into each of the WU folder. if u have 10WU cached, then copy into all 10 folders.

then go back to the original one, windows/system/conagent.exe, right click --> properties --> misc --> uncheck "warn if still alive"

reboot.

this would help. i have to do this in all my Win9x rigs.

good luck! ;)

So I have to copy the contagent.exe file into each WU folder each time a new WU is downloaded?

no. let's say u've set cache of 20WU in Driver. Driver will create 20 folder for each WU, e.g. folder 1, folder 2.....20. u just need to copy the conagent.exe into each of them. and as long as u don't increase the cache size, u don't need to do anything again. but if u've increased the cache size to 25, then u'll need to copy the conagent.exe into folder 21-25.

wow, worked like a charm, thanks land shark. What kind of program file is that? I've never seen a program file with that many option tabs.

it's a old file that come down from Win9x kernel that was used to control dos program. (like cmd client) but WinNT/2k/XP kernel don't use this anymore and that's why it only happen to Win9x OS.

gladly to help!! ;)

Back