• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Oc Performance

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

matt2364

Do you guys see a big differance in performance when you OC your Ram bc, i have 1024GB of PC2100 DDR SDRAM and wanted to know if i would recieve very many benefiets for OC?

thanks for the help these are the best forums in the world?

Yes, I saw a huge performance increase when I went from 133 to 166 and then 166 to 200. Essentially, you're increasing the amount of data that can be sent by the CPU to memory and vice versa. My framerates in games went up as did my benchmark scores.

If you have four sticks of RAM, it will be difficult to OC them far as the slowest one will limit your overclock. If you've got two sticks of 512, you're better off but still, the slower stick will limit you.

~THT

i doubt you have 1024GB of memory, i take it you have 1024MB (1GB)

anyway ocing ram does give quite a bit more FPS in games, but is really unnoticable if you dont game

Yea, sorry about that i did make a mistake i do have 1024MB of Ram, and they are two differant dimms so that will not be a problem with having 4 differant dimms. I was thinking aoubt purchaseing heat spreaders with fans, do you think that this would be a good investment.

Back