• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

?????? Ga-8ihxp-2 ??????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My understanding is that newer board (2) comes with the later Bios F6 or F7, compared to original (8IHXP,not 2) with earlier F3 or F4.

Also, the Audio SOFTWARE included with 8IHXP2 is different version.
"ATX; RETAIL **SAME AS 8IHXP(#77043) BUT IT'S SOFTWARE AUDIO**" (aiyamicro.com)

The CT 5880 audio chip + Sigmatel 9708T CODEC used, is on board 2.1, allowing for 5.1 audio setup.

Gigabyte site has audio drivers listed:
Board 2.1--Creative CT5880
Board 3.0--Realtek ALC650

If anyone knows more details on this, please advise.

Last edited:
Does that really justify calling it GA-8IHXP"2". Maybe they could have done something worth while like fixed the FSB 156 limit.

jlmoun0 said:
Does that really justify calling it GA-8IHXP"2". Maybe they could have done something worth while like fixed the FSB 156 limit.

GA-8IHXP 2 is rev. 3 and thats what I've got and it says rev. 3 on the board itself. I have not seen anywhere on the board or box where it says GA-8IHXP 2, its GA-8IHXP with no ''2'' and yes it uses Realtek audio chip (AC97).

i know someone with this board, and they can't get it to oc at all.
since i can't see the bios, i can't help, but do you guys know which setting enables the adjustments? then i can call him up and let him know.

All you need to do is put the memory in the last two dimms, make sure you have enough cooling and crank up the FSB, vcore.

I think that's it. He just told me he had the ram in the first two dimms.
One more thing.... how high could you go without raising the vcore? Did you oc at all without raising the vcore? He has a 2.66, so i know this isn't an exact comparison of your system, but just to know....

Thanks jlmoun0:)

I never really tried to figure that out. I could probably go up to about 150-152 but I want it to be stable. I average about 36 C for the cpu and 28 C for the system with the vcore at 1.725.

jlmoun0 said:
All you need to do is put the memory in the last two dimms, make sure you have enough cooling and crank up the FSB, vcore.

Havent heard of this "put the ram in the last two dimms" thing before. Do you mean the two farthest from the CPU? I've got mine in the first two and they are a bit in the way of my vid card's ram sinks.

Even so, I've got them in the first two and am able to run a stable 152 fsb. 2.74ghz.

Please let me know,
-DragonSlayer

I have the version 3.0 of the GA-8IHXP MB and the kingston dimms are in the farthest slots from the CPU and I can run at 156 fsb rock solid all day.

hmm.... thank you for the reply...... I will definitely have to look into this. I just wish you put a divider on the pci or lock the pci. At 154, my RAID starts to go nuts.

I not not sure what you mean about divider on the PCI or lock PCI but my bios doesn't have that option (GA-8IHXP Ver. 3.0 bio's F-7). I turm on the overvoltage RIMMS amd up the AGP voltage to 1.7. Do you have the older version of the MB? What you talk about sounds famlier with the older one I had.

jlmoun0 said:
I not not sure what you mean about divider on the PCI or lock PCI but my bios doesn't have that option (GA-8IHXP Ver. 3.0 bio's F-7). I turm on the overvoltage RIMMS amd up the AGP voltage to 1.7. Do you have the older version of the MB? What you talk about sounds famlier with the older one I had.

the pci bus lock is just a feature that will lock your pci/agp bus so that components that use those buses do no operate on the high pci bus. That option along with 1 mhz increments and a higher FSB limit would be options that would be greatly received for this mobo. They would allow you to overclock higher and more stable.

-DragonSlayer

jlmoun0 said:
I agree but Is there anyone out there that can do it? If I could MOD Bio's I sure would try to fix that.

Sorry I have found none, posted on numberous tech forums, searched google and looked through almost all of the results, it just seems like someone who knows how to mod BIOS doesnt have this board.

Maybe if you knew someone who can you could email them and have them look into it, or maybe try to teach yourself (i dont know how though).

If you ever do find a moded BIOS or make one, post it on here. I am running pc800 right now, so I'm going to try for the full 156.

Good Luck in your search,
DragonSlayer

Back