• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No Post - please help - desperate

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Berteyebrow

I offered to put in a second hard drive (to be slave) for a friend.

Chaintech CT-6ATA4, with Intel 700? I think, 128MB Ram.

Having attached all cables etc, The Red Power LED lights on on the mobo, but will not power up/post. No fan activity nothing.

I have cleared CMOS, tried a different power supply, and now have no idea what to do. He is now blaming me for breaking his computer. This should be simple!!

Any ideas - should the LED be red (on my boards its nomally green). Please Help:eek: :(

Last edited:
its fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok fixed it

stripped it down to just Mobo, memory, cpu and grpahics card,

unbelievably it was the F*****g power on switch - a crappy plastic design by Evesham computers!! I thought it seemed strange so I used the swicth from a nother pc and lo and behold it worked.

God this stuff is annoying - you go through every thought - memeory/cpu/ jumper settings on HD/Mobo etc etc

only to be let down by a cheap bit of plastic - now if only I'd checked that first:D :D :)

I would tell your friend that if He is going to blame you for breaking his machine when you are doing him a favour, then maybe you should be paid for helping him out.

That should make him think twice before he speaks next time:)

And.... Welcome to the Forums!

Thanks very much -

What makes it worse is it was my inlaws!!!!!! Hence my predicament - anyway all solved now!!;)

Back